• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

500 AK47s please

What stance would South Park take?

• Pro-2a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neutral

• Anti-2a

• Total voters

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I said nuetral, South park, much like family guy and redeye are mainly for entertainment purposes. And Family guy and Southpark seem to make fun of everybody without an apparent agenda, which is one of the reasons I like watching them. I don't have to get other peoples crap shoved in my face, with this stuff I can just sit back laugh n drink a beer after work.

zack991

imported post

BJA wrote:
I said nuetral, South park, much like family guy and redeye are mainly for entertainment purposes. And Family guy and Southpark seem to make fun of everybody without an apparent agenda, which is one of the reasons I like watching them. I don't have to get other peoples crap shoved in my face, with this stuff I can just sit back laugh n drink a beer after work.
I don't agree that family guy goes after everyone, its a extremely left leaning show to begin with. At least south park shows the stupidity of people on both sides.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I don't see how either of these 2 shows -- let alone most of what's on American TV -- could be even remotely condsidered "entertainment." It's profane trash, and not at all funny.

Maybe it's just me, but I don'tbelieve thatmaking fun of others (meaning good decent people or true/good ideals/values) is in any way humorous, but as I say, it's probably just me.

Family Guy is a disgrace, too...but I don't want this thread to get even more OT so I'll say no more.

-- John D.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Your rejection of satire as a form of humor explains everything.

My embrace of it similarly explains my appreciation for the show, including its use of coarse language.

I hate to say it, but in this case you're the butt of the joke. It's no surprise you "don't think it's humorous to make fun of people" in this instance.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

You would have a better chance of selling that to Islamic Fundalmentalists -- they don't see the difference, either. Insults are insults, no matter how they are couched.

Regardless, I know most of (airhead) America watches those shows so I'm just spttin' in the wind, as usual -- I was just sayin' for the written record here, that's all.

-- John D.

P.S. And it's people like you that are what's wrong with this country. Consequently, you're the enemy in a Culture War...stay away fromTHIS buttof a joke. But considering where you are from -- pervert HQ San Francisco -- it's no wonder. What do you people know about moral valuesanyway? Nothing.

...this thread about to be closed...but I'm done here.

1245A Defender

imported post

CLOWD WROTE
Maybe it's just me, but I don'tbelieve thatmaking fun of others (meaning good decent people or true/good ideals/values) is in any way humorous, but as I say, it's probably just me.
But considering where you are from -- pervert HQ San Francisco -- it's no wonder. What do you people know about moral valuesanyway? Nothing.

...this thread about to be closed...but I'm done here.

making fun of others isnt humorous, but attacking the place they live and their morals is AOK!

glad youre done here. :celebrate

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
I don't see how either of these 2 shows -- let alone most of what's on American TV -- could be even remotely condsidered "entertainment." It's profane trash, and not at all funny.

Family Guy is a disgrace, too...but I don't want this thread to get even more OT so I'll say no more.

-- John D.
"Its profane trash" that may be true but after work, a full day of college, and writing a 15 page thesis paper I like to indulge in trash :lol:even though i get alott of it at college. I'd say family guy could be considered leaning liberal, but it's trash and funny, as long as I can still realize that I should be fine. LOL

Sabotage70

imported post

Gotta love the first amendment. :celebrate

And the great thing about tv is, if you don't want to watch it, change the channel.

And for those of you that get offended by South Park and Family Guy. DO NOT get satellite radio. There are some channels would leave you to believe that they where programmed by Satan himself.

And I may be wrong but I think jpierce, the co-founder of this sight is a FG fan.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

My roommate totally called this before I even saw this article. This explains where the "500 AK-47s" come from, even though the episode hasn't been released yet.

Eric Cartman Channels Blackwater, Signs For 500 AK-47s In New South Park Promo

News broke recently that a Blackwater subsidiary was arming violent drug users in Afghanistan. They took hundreds of weapons intended for the Afghan National Police and at least one of them (probably more) signed for the shipments with the name "Eric Cartman."

Well now the "South Park" guys are getting in on the fun. Just weeks after we asked them about the incident Trey Parker & Matt Stone put up a promo for their 14th season (premiering March 17th) that includes Cartman singing for unauthorized weapons. "Our first reaction to any story is 'How do we put this into the show?' and the second reaction is 'Did Cartman do that?' because he's so real to us it's like 'I bet Cartman did that,'" Parker told us.

cscitney87

imported post

I cannot believe how far reaching South Park has become. It really is That funny! Blackwater? Afgan? WTF!? I mean; really? That's the same as writing Chris Kringle!! haha

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
500 AK's?  Kenny's toast!
That's a good bet. ;)

You should have seen what happened to him last night. I nearly wet myself laughing. :lol:

Still, I have a very hard time imagining South Park making an anti-gun episode. They've ridiculed everyone in sight, but they've never been anti-freedom.

Hell, they had some de facto Pink Pistols in an episode last season. :p

XD40coyote

imported post

South park has evolved over the years, though some of the early episodes are just as hilarious as the newer ones.

I watched the new one last night. It was great till Obama showed up, then it was a bunch of things making me say "WTF?". Clearly there must be some allegory or something where you have to know of certain things to understand. Or something.

A few days agoI caught the whale wars episode from last season- now that was hilarious!

And no, South Park is not lefty leaning. They make fun of everyone, and don't forget how badly Algore has gotten it on the show! Manbearpig LOL.

Oh yeah I have been working more on my South Park open carry episode idea.

South Park has been having a terrible problem with a crime wave. Somebody in townfinds out CO is an open carry state and goes out for a walk OCing. Some of the criminals that are all over notice it and a bunch of them flee town screaming. The rest of the law abiding in town find out and most of themall start OCing, and this makes the rest of the criminals flee the town in horror. South Park is now a proud OC town, but the inept cop in town and the Brooklyn Jewish mom ( can't think of the boy's name- he's one of the ones who hangs with Cartman) get upset and in true stereotype fashion they get Brady types to come to town and mass daily protests. The 4 boys get tired of all the anti gun stupidity ( afterall they enjoy not having their clothing stolen every day from the criminals anymore), and they find that each night the anti gunners store their protest signs in this one building. So they break into the building and change all the signs to things such as "criminals for gun control", "we like rape and murder", 'F you open carry"and so on. The antis get their signs the next morning and start their protesting, not noticing the signs have been changed. The LOL's flow.

Sabotage70

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
South park has evolved over the years, though some of the early episodes are just as hilarious as the newer ones.

I watched the new one last night. It was great till Obama showed up, then it was  a bunch of things making me say "WTF?". Clearly there must be some allegory or something where you have to know of certain things to understand. Or something.

A few days ago I caught the whale wars episode from last season- now that was hilarious!

And no, South Park is not lefty leaning. They make fun of everyone, and don't forget how badly Algore has gotten it on the show! Manbearpig LOL.

Oh yeah I have been working more on my South Park open carry episode idea.

South Park has been having a terrible problem with a crime wave. Somebody in town finds out CO is an open carry state and goes out for a walk OCing. Some of the criminals that are all over notice it and a bunch of them flee town screaming. The rest of the law abiding in town find out and most of them all start OCing, and this makes the rest of the criminals flee the town in horror. South Park is now a proud OC town, but the inept cop in town and the Brooklyn Jewish mom ( can't think of the boy's name- he's one of the ones who hangs with Cartman) get upset and in true stereotype fashion they get Brady types to come to town and mass  daily protests. The 4 boys get tired of all the anti gun stupidity ( afterall they enjoy not having their clothing stolen every day from the criminals anymore), and they find that each night the anti gunners store their protest signs in this one building. So they break into the building and change all the signs to things such as "criminals for gun control", "we like rape and murder", ' F you open carry" and so on. The antis get their signs the next morning and start their protesting, not noticing the signs have been changed. The LOL's flow.
;)
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/150066

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
You are aware that SOUTHPARK = Columbine. It's modeled after that city.
Columbine is outside of Denver, which about 80 miles to the east of Fairplay, CO, the town which the fictional "South Park" is modeled after.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Park
The show mostly follows a group of four boys—Stan Marsh, Kyle Broflovski, Eric Cartman, and Kenny McCormick—and the adventures they share in South Park, a fictional small town located within the real life South Park basin in the Rocky Mountains of central Colorado. The town is also home to an assortment of frequent characters such as students, families, elementary school staff, and other various residents, who tend to regard South Park as a bland and quiet place to live. Prominent settings on the show include the local elementary school, bus stop, various neighborhoods and the surrounding snowy landscape, actual Colorado landmarks, and the shops and businesses along the town's main street, all of which are based on the appearance of similar locations in the town of Fairplay, Colorado.