• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

500 AK47s please

What stance would South Park take?

• Pro-2a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neutral

• Anti-2a

• Total voters

simmonsjoe

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
And all these years I thought South Park was some kind of crude, crass, obscene, pervert, foul-mouthed liberal "values" show. Now you say it's Libertarian "values." Wow. I can see now why don't care for Democrats or Libertarians in general (too many Republicans nowadays are a poor showing, too).

Either way, the equally depraved South Park writers haven't"gotten to the heart" of any topic they've covered (I mean insulted) and most of their episodes are so bad (obscene) they are unwatchable. Just another example of America's decline, reflected inthe crap that's on TV today (which also adds to the poor global opinion of Americans).

Gun related? I voted South Park is anti-gun/RKBA/2nd Amendment. All I've seen so far is the promotion ofthe liberal agenda and the ridiculing of the conservative.

-- John D.
You obviously don't watch the show. SP is not liberal or conservative. They are equal opportunity belittle-rs. They call hypocrisy on everyone, and they do it with laser-scalpel precision.

ABNinfantryman

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
You would have a better chance of selling that to Islamic Fundalmentalists -- they don't see the difference, either. Insults are insults, no matter how they are couched.

Regardless, I know most of (airhead) America watches those shows so I'm just spttin' in the wind, as usual -- I was just sayin' for the written record here, that's all.

-- John D.

P.S. And it's people like you that are what's wrong with this country. Consequently, you're the enemy in a Culture War...stay away fromTHIS buttof a joke. But considering where you are from -- pervert HQ San Francisco -- it's no wonder. What do you people know about moral valuesanyway? Nothing.

...this thread about to be closed...but I'm done here.

You just equated yourself to Islamic Fundamentalists, interesting choice of allies. The problem with this nation, for that matter the world,are people like you who have no concept of nuance and have a knee jerk reaction every time they think they're being insulted. Which is scary because it was people like you who shot up soldiers in Ft. Hood, killed a dutch director because of a critical film, plotted to kill another dutch director, all because they felt insulted. Words are words, they have as much capability to hurt you as you allow them.

Knowledge and Wisdom are not immoral, ignorance and fear are.

Eeyore

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
And all these years I thought South Park was some kind of crude, crass, obscene, pervert, foul-mouthed liberal "values" show. Now you say it's Libertarian "values." Wow. I can see now why don't care for Democrats or Libertarians in general (too many Republicans nowadays are a poor showing, too).

Either way, the equally depraved South Park writers haven't"gotten to the heart" of any topic they've covered (I mean insulted) and most of their episodes are so bad (obscene) they are unwatchable. Just another example of America's decline, reflected inthe crap that's on TV today (which also adds to the poor global opinion of Americans).

Gun related? I voted South Park is anti-gun/RKBA/2nd Amendment. All I've seen so far is the promotion ofthe liberal agenda and the ridiculing of the conservative.

-- John D.
Au contraire.

I too used to thinkSouth Parkwas just juvenile potty humor. AfterI watched a few episodes, I realized that it is brilliant, biting satire masquerading as juvenile potty humor.

Having seen just about every episode, and watched them skewer PETA, global warming activists, Al Gore, hippies, political correctness, the KKK, Hollywood liberals, "Christian rock" music (ugh), and just about everyone else, I can say they definitely lean libertarian. At the end when somebody (usually Stan) says, "You know, I learned something today...", the message is usually one of self-reliance, personal responsibility, common sense, live and let live, and not getting caught up in the latest hysteria over [whatever issue]. Admittedly, you have to wade thru a lot of swearing to get there.

They do make fun of rednecks, too. But Uncle Jimbo and Ned are usually depicted as well-meaning, patriotic, fundamentally decent guys who like guns (maybe a little too much) and beer.

Why is Cartman buying 500 AK-47s? We'll have to wait to find out. But since Cartman represents every manipulative, self-aggrandizing, populist politician/"leader" ever--someone who will use any and all means to manipulate people into doing things solely to benefit himself--you can bet it's something self-serving and ridiculous. And you can bet that his lunacy will be properly pointed out for what it is.

Sabotage70

imported post

+1
well said. After all Cartman was the one that went around and said "You will respect my AU-THOR-RI-TIE"

authority.jpg

BreakingTheMold

imported post

This thread caught on alot more then i thought it would. Thanks to the mod that added the clip into the OP, makes it much better.

I'll hold my tongue on everything else just to say we'll have to wait and see. But i'm hoping at least for the classic SP end of episode "moral of the story" scene.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Eeyore wrote:
cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.
Au contraire.

I too used to thinkSouth Parkwas just juvenile potty humor. AfterI watched a few episodes, I realized that it is brilliant, biting satire masquerading as juvenile potty humor.

Having seen just about every episode, and watched them skewer PETA, global warming activists, Al Gore, hippies, political correctness, the KKK, Hollywood liberals, "Christian rock" music (ugh), and just about everyone else, I can say they definitely lean libertarian. At the end when somebody (usually Stan) says, "You know, I learned something today...", the message is usually one of self-reliance, personal responsibility, common sense, live and let live, and not getting caught up in the latest hysteria over [whatever issue]. Admittedly, you have to wade thru a lot of swearing to get there.

They do make fun of rednecks, too. But Uncle Jimbo and Ned are usually depicted as well-meaning, patriotic, fundamentally decent guys who like guns (maybe a little too much) and beer.

Why is Cartman buying 500 AK-47s? We'll have to wait to find out. But since Cartman represents every manipulative, self-aggrandizing, populist politician/"leader" ever--someone who will use any and all means to manipulate people into doing things solely to benefit himself--you can bet it's something self-serving and ridiculous. And you can bet that his lunacy will be properly pointed out for what it is.
+1

XD40coyote

imported post

Does anyone remember the turd in the urinal episode? That was def potty humor, and I couldn't stop laughing.

How about the episode where the internet stopped working and the one boy's dad snuck into the tent in CA that had the internet? That was NOT meant for kids to see, totally for adults... andI couldn't stop laughing.

I also loved the Imaginationland trilogy, esp in part 3 where the boy is on the steps to the SCOTUS and Jesus wants to talk to him. Then suddenly there is a new voice that says " this is Luke Skywalker", then it was "Superman wants to talk to you". The boy says "oh God", and is told God will also talk to him,after Hercules. Then Algore who is crazy to nuke manbearpig came in and pushedthe "suction"button at the Pentagon's Stargate, causing Imaginationland to be nuked after all.

Most of the time with South park, you have to know alot about...everything...to understand and to get the humor. Current events, popular culture, history, SyFy channel shows, etc.

PavePusher

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
You would have a better chance of selling that to Islamic Fundalmentalists -- they don't see the difference, either. Insults are insults, no matter how they are couched.

Regardless, I know most of (airhead) America watches those shows so I'm just spttin' in the wind, as usual -- I was just sayin' for the written record here, that's all.

-- John D.

P.S. And it's people like you that are what's wrong with this country. Consequently, you're the enemy in a Culture War...stay away fromTHIS buttof a joke. But considering where you are from -- pervert HQ San Francisco -- it's no wonder. What do you people know about moral valuesanyway? Nothing.

...this thread about to be closed...but I'm done here.

Bigotry by geography?! Seriously?

MASSIVE. FACEPALM.

I think you might be on the wrong internet forum, good sir.