• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

States that reciprocate for firearms purchases ?

Carnivore

imported post

Can anyone furnish a link of states that allow Missouri residents to purchase firearms (ie.) Handgunsoutside of our state ? or is this allowed only with rifles and shotguns?

DarenGlock23

imported post

I'm not positive, but it's my understanding that you may not purchase a pistol from another state. But that is only covering dealers. You would need that dealer to send it to your local guy. You cannot register the gun if your not a resident and the state purchased. But like I said I'm not positive... Pretty sure though ;)

Carnivore

imported post

Yea I think your right, I found a link that said rifle and shotgun purchases in contingent statesare allowed but there was no mention of handguns... legal or illegal.

DarenGlock23

imported post

Well I do know that for Ohio, when I bought my dragunov, I had to have it registered in my dads name since he is a resident and I am not. But Thats Ohio. Just a fun fact.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Carnivore wrote:
Can anyone furnish a link of states that allow Missouri residents to purchase firearms (ie.) Handgunsoutside of our state ? or is this allowed only with rifles and shotguns?
its usually the home state (if any) that restricts residents ability to buy long guns out of state (increasingly rare) - federal law bans transfers of handguns to non-residents.

Marc

imported post

Yes Mike is right. Handguns must be purchased by residents of that state. If u wish to buy a handgun from another state it has to be shipped to ur local FFL dealer no exceptions.