Thread: Open Carry Picnic

Post imported post

With the weather getting nice, Maybe we could all get together for a Picnic and invite the public. We could have it in one of the many parks....

We could have some flayers made up and pass out some literature on 2nd Amendments and gun rights...

Just an idea:what:

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Clark County Park Police has assured me anyone found with a gun in a park will be arrested. We all know preemption eliminates Clark County's authority to enforce that law, but that doesn't mean our friendly picnic would be without problems. Although it's taking quite a long time, we should wait for the AG opinion.

Post imported post

Just about the only thing we could do is talk to some business or a gas station and see if they would let us hang in the parking lot, I would be down for this would probably bring my grill so we could do some burgers and dogs or whatever was wanted. Two places come to mind where I have seen unofficial groups and some official groups as well, Basspro has things like this for the boyscouts all the time, Albertsons grocery stores just did a customer appreciation day with a small car show and the boy scouts were out there as well and starbucks is always a possibility.

Post imported post

timf343 wrote:
    Clark County Park Police has assured me anyone found with a gun in a park will be arrested. We all know preemption eliminates Clark County's authority to enforce that law, but that doesn't mean our friendly picnic would be without problems. Although it's taking quite a long time, we should wait for the AG opinion.
    Wow....I did not know that...I have OC'ed and CC out at lake and the Rangers seems ok with it....

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:
    timf343 wrote:
    Wow....I did not know that...I have OC'ed and CC out at lake and the Rangers seems ok with it....
    I believe the lakes fall under national parks I believe that might be a possibility I remember reading somewhere on here that national parks are coming close to allowing or might have already allowed you to carry. Im sure someone will chime in with it.

Post imported post

Why not just go up to a place like Summerlin and have the picnic in a private park like the Arbors park off Pavillion Center? I know you guys talk about CC Park Police a lot, but I've never heard anyone mention how the laws are in the City Parks that are run by the LV Marshals.

Post imported post

For National Parks it is defiantly alright. I have done so, and have been told by park staff that it is fine.

For this state park thing it sounds sketchy... surely they can't detain all of us!
    "You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence."
    -- Charles A. Beard
    XD(m) 9mm

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

joeschmo wrote:
    Why not just go up to a place like Summerlin and have the picnic in a private park like the Arbors park off Pavillion Center? I know you guys talk about CC Park Police a lot, but I've never heard anyone mention how the laws are in the City Parks that are run by the LV Marshals.
    Las Vegas did not respond to an inquiry about whether they would enforce their local ordinance, but they also have a law on the books prohibiting weapons in city parks (13.36.055.A.1)

Post imported post

well lake mead would be a great location during the warmer months or even in the redrock overlook point they have day spots for "picnics"

Post imported post

I'm pretty close to Lake mead and have a location in mind if we can get that together this summer.

GoDSpeeD

Post imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
    I'm pretty close to Lake mead and have a location in mind if we can get that together this summer.

GoDSpeeD
    Damn, I was going to vote for Red Rock. Being that's only about 15 mins from my house.:celebrate

Does North Las Vegas have a park without any stupid laws?
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

my preference would be lake mead since you could essentially cool off when it is its hottest during the day, plus i have a boat so im all about the water. But im game for both places they are about equal distance from my house.

Post imported post

Red Rock is very nice...But i think some of it is on an Indian reservation....they have some weird laws ....

No guns "kemosoby".......on res...:?

Post imported post

doninvegas wrote:
    Red Rock is very nice...But i think some of it is on an Indian reservation....they have some weird laws ....

No guns "kemosoby".......on res...:?
    I think you might be thinking of The Valley of Fire. To the best of my knowledge Red Rock is just a national conservation area.
    \
    http://www.redrockcanyonlv.org/
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

Duaaaaaaaa...i think you are right...cool place ...:celebrate