• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Picnic

doninvegas

imported post

With the weather getting nice, Maybe we could all get together for a Picnic and invite the public. We could have it in one of the many parks....

We could have some flayers made up and pass out some literature on 2nd Amendments and gun rights...

Just an idea:what::)

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Clark County Park Police has assured me anyone found with a gun in a park will be arrested. We all know preemption eliminates Clark County's authority to enforce that law, but that doesn't mean our friendly picnic would be without problems. Although it's taking quite a long time, we should wait for the AG opinion.

Remmy

imported post

Just about the only thing we could do is talk to some business or a gas station and see if they would let us hang in the parking lot, I would be down for this would probably bring my grill so we could do some burgers and dogs or whatever was wanted. Two places come to mind where I have seen unofficial groups and some official groups as well, Basspro has things like this for the boyscouts all the time, Albertsons grocery stores just did a customer appreciation day with a small car show and the boy scouts were out there as well and starbucks is always a possibility.

doninvegas

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Clark County Park Police has assured me anyone found with a gun in a park will be arrested. We all know preemption eliminates Clark County's authority to enforce that law, but that doesn't mean our friendly picnic would be without problems. Although it's taking quite a long time, we should wait for the AG opinion.
Wow....I did not know that...I have OC'ed and CC out at lake and the Rangers seems ok with it....:banghead:

Remmy

imported post

doninvegas wrote:
timf343 wrote:
Wow....I did not know that...I have OC'ed and CC out at lake and the Rangers seems ok with it....:banghead:
I believe the lakes fall under national parks I believe that might be a possibility I remember reading somewhere on here that national parks are coming close to allowing or might have already allowed you to carry. Im sure someone will chime in with it.

joeschmo

imported post

Why not just go up to a place like Summerlin and have the picnic in a private park like the Arbors park off Pavillion Center? I know you guys talk about CC Park Police a lot, but I've never heard anyone mention how the laws are in the City Parks that are run by the LV Marshals.

flagellum

imported post

For National Parks it is defiantly alright. I have done so, and have been told by park staff that it is fine.

For this state park thing it sounds sketchy... surely they can't detain all of us! :D

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

joeschmo wrote:
Why not just go up to a place like Summerlin and have the picnic in a private park like the Arbors park off Pavillion Center? I know you guys talk about CC Park Police a lot, but I've never heard anyone mention how the laws are in the City Parks that are run by the LV Marshals.
Las Vegas did not respond to an inquiry about whether they would enforce their local ordinance, but they also have a law on the books prohibiting weapons in city parks (13.36.055.A.1)

Remmy

imported post

well lake mead would be a great location during the warmer months or even in the redrock overlook point they have day spots for "picnics"

GoDSpeeD

imported post

I'm pretty close to Lake mead and have a location in mind if we can get that together this summer.

GoDSpeeD

Sabotage70

imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
I'm pretty close to Lake mead and have a location in mind if we can get that together this summer.

GoDSpeeD
Damn, I was going to vote for Red Rock. Being that's only about 15 mins from my house.:celebrate

Does North Las Vegas have a park without any stupid laws?

Remmy

imported post

my preference would be lake mead since you could essentially cool off when it is its hottest during the day, plus i have a boat so im all about the water. But im game for both places they are about equal distance from my house.

doninvegas

imported post

Red Rock is very nice...But i think some of it is on an Indian reservation....they have some weird laws ....

No guns "kemosoby".......on res...:?