• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Herald Scotland - Open carry movement sweeping America

eye95

imported post

Pssst..."loosely organized" as opposed to being led is kinda the American ideal. Just thought you'd like to know.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Since Mike made the correlation to the civil rights movement of the 60's, I added how THAT movement (and lots of others) have actual LEADERS.

We have no such thing here, "loosely organized" is being gracious.
Best descriptive phrase I have ever seen from someone describing himself.

The problem is that when you baptize yourself, it is often not with holy water.

So what will the name of your new organization be? I'm sure that it will demand a majority of your time.

Yata hey

bmartinxd45

imported post

I would have to say that the leaders of yesterday did what they did because the information age was not there yet. Very few people had a computer sitting in front them in the early 60's. The only way to get the word was to as the gentleman from Louisianna stated was to Lead from the front. In order to make people hear your statement they had to organize protests and demonstrations of a grand scale so that the news stations and papers would care enough it to report it. Today we don't need to do that. The times have changed it is up to us to remain open minded enough to change with them.

eye95

imported post

Good point.

I would also say that the fact that this issue is now being discussed everywhere and laws are changing is proof that Mike's approach is the right approach.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
Youchildren are putting on a nice show for the anti-gun populace to use against us. Get yourselves a room and keep it off the forum.
When someone chooses to attack the forum members, leadership and methods, don't expect it to go unanswered.

Where this to get out of hand, I would expect some moderator interaction - don't see this as needed..................................yet.

Yata hey

eye95

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
hp-hobo wrote:
Youchildren are putting on a nice show for the anti-gun populace to use against us. Get yourselves a room and keep it off the forum.
When someone chooses to attack the forum members, leadership and methods, don't expect it to go unanswered.

Where this to get out of hand, I would expect some moderator interaction - don't see this as needed..................................yet.

Yata hey
One has to wonder why someone who does not like the leadership style of the leader of a group chooses to remain a member of that group. Should he not start his own group where he can gather people who like being led by him?

Personally, I like Mike's leadership style. It's so American.

Old Grump

imported post

One has to wonder why someone who does not like the leadership style of the leader of a group chooses to remain a member of that group. Should he not start his own group where he can gather people who like being led by him? Personally, I like Mike's leadership style. It's so American.
At least American the way it was before the Jackson/Van Buren administration and the birth of political parties. A group of independent minded cusses with a singular goal is kind of tough to defeat. Not like a tough well organized hierarchic based group where taking out the leadership and a few core members destroys the group.

We are in trouble when we all start to agree because as the old saw goes. If everybody is thinking alike then somebody isn't thinking.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Come my tan-faced children,
Follow well in order, get your weapons ready,
Have you your pistols? have you your sharp-edged axes?
Pioneers! O pioneers!

[align=left][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]For we cannot tarry here,
We must march my darlings, we must bear the brunt of danger,
We the youthful sinewy races, all the rest on us depend,
Pioneers! O pioneers!
[/font][/align]O you youths, Western youths,
So impatient, full of action, full of manly pride and friendship,
Plain I see you Western youths, see you tramping with the foremost,
Pioneers! O pioneers!

[align=left]............[/align]~Walt Whitman

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Come my tan-faced children,
Follow well in order, get your weapons ready,
Have you your pistols? have you your sharp-edged axes?
Pioneers! O pioneers!

[align=left][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]For we cannot tarry here,
We must march my darlings, we must bear the brunt of danger,
We the youthful sinewy races, all the rest on us depend,
Pioneers! O pioneers!
[/font][/align]O you youths, Western youths,
So impatient, full of action, full of manly pride and friendship,
Plain I see you Western youths, see you tramping with the foremost,
Pioneers! O pioneers!

[align=left]............[/align]~Walt Whitman
I hear America singing, the varied carols I hear - ibid

Yata hey