• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry barbq.

Broondog

imported post

with enough advance notice (2-3 weeks, preferably 3 weeks) i could request the day off of work and drive up.

i only usually make a St. Chuck run for the odd gunshow and since shows suck lately those runs are becoming further and further between.

cash50

imported post

I'd prolly make it as long as it's not M-F 9-4. St. Charles is OC friendly, at least as far as laws are concerned.

opencarryinmo

imported post

i would like to get with you and set something up i am in springfield mo and want to get an opencarry group started here in mo you may contact me @ opencarryinusa@ yahoo.com, lets get the word out and get things rolling

DarenGlock23

imported post

Just message me through the site...I'll help ya for sure. I'm goin into it blind at the moment. Gotta set a date!!! You guys may have to donate an extremly small amount for food hahaha I'm unemployed! I'm gettin my plans on paper now. Tried to contact a few parks to see if we may need to reserve a pavillian or something.

Broondog

imported post

City of St. Charles, MO
http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Missouri/stcharle/cityofstcharlesmissouricodeofordinances?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:stcharles_mo

§ 134.03 DANGEROUS AND CONCEALED WEAPONS. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry concealed upon or about his person a dangerous or deadly weapon of any kind or description, or to go into any church or place where people have assembled for religious worship, or into any school room or place where people are assembled for educational, political, literary or social purposes, or to any election precinct on any election day, or into any courtroom during the sitting of court, or into any other public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose other than for militia drill, or meetings called under militia law of this state, having upon or about his person, concealed or exposed, any kind of firearms, bowie knife, springback knife, razor, metal knucks, billy, sword cane, dirk, dagger, slingshot or other similar deadly weapons or to, in the presence of one or more persons, exhibit any such weapons in a rude, angry or threatening manner, or to have any such weapon in his possession when intoxicated, or, directly or indirectly, sell or deliver, loan or barter to any minor any such weapon, without the consent of the parent or guardian of such minor; but nothing contained in this section shall apply to legally qualified sheriffs, police officers and other persons whose bona fide duty is to execute process, civil or criminal, make arrests, or aid in conserving the public peace, nor to persons traveling in a continuous journey peaceably through this state.

code for St. Charles city parks
http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/Missouri/stcharle/cityofstcharlesmissouricodeofordinances?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:stcharles_mo

§ 99.20 HUNTING AND FIREARMS. (A) It shall be unlawful for any person, while in or about any city park, to hunt, trap or pursue wildlife at any time. No person shall use, carry or possess firearms of any description, or air pistols, spring guns, bows and arrows, slings or any other forms of weapons potentially inimical to wildlife and dangerous to human safety, or any instrument that can be loaded with fire blank cartridges, or any kind of trapping device. Shooting into park areas from beyond park boundaries is forbidden. The carrying, possession or use of firearms of any description, or air rifles, air pistols, spring guns, bows and arrows, slings or any other forms of weapons shall be permissible while such weapons are being carried to and from a designated area of use of the aforementioned weapons. All such weapons shall be carried in an unloaded state and in carrying cases or broken down.

St. Charles County code - found here as D/L PDF http://www.sccmo.org/Departments/

SECTION 250.140: FIREARMS AND OTHER WEAPONS
A. Weapons Prohibited--Exceptions. No person shall use, carry or possess a firearm of any description, or an air gun, spring gun,
bow, arrow, sling or any other form of weapon potentially dangerous to wildlife or humans, or any instrument that can be loaded
with and fire blank cartridges, except as otherwise permitted by this Chapter or by written authorization of the Director. The
possession of a handgun is permitted in park areas only if possessed in compliance with Chapter 571, RSMo. (2000), as amended,
and shall be subject to all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.