• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry barbq.

Broondog

imported post

DarenGlock23 wrote:
I oc in st chuck all the time I thought I could and the leo's said I could too... Well, st peters any good?
i'm just going by the available municipal code that i found and posted it for informational purposes. for all i know it's out of date.

since you have "boots on the ground" experience i would assume you have better/more current info than i have access to. remember, i go to St. Chuck maybe twice a year for only a few hours at a time.

i apologize for any misunderstanding.

Justin

imported post

I was getting all excited for this but the FE exam is on April 17. Oh well, I'll keep my eyes open for the next time something pops up.

Justin

zekester

imported post

I wrote to the Mayor of St Charles City....

"In reference to Code 134.03 DANGEROUS AND CONCEALED WEAPONS, I do not see where there is an exemption for the Concealed Carry Permit.

Could you clarify and tell me if the City of St Charles allows the "Open Carry" within the City limits.

Thanks for your time"

She forwarded it to the Chief of Police, Dennis Corley. Thiswas his response;

"A valid Concealed Carry Permit will exempt the permit holder from provisions of the ordinance that may be applicable at the time of contact with a law enforcement official. The City of St. Charles does not have any ordinance that regulates as stated "Open Carry."

Hope this helps....

Zeke

*****UPDATE*****

I have since sent an email to the Chief and asked to verify if there was any ordinance or law prohibiting the carry of fire arms openly..It just seemed vague to me so we shall see....I will keep you up to date.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

IGNORE THIS POST.I DID SOME CHECKING AND IT LOOKS LIKE THAT AREA WAS ANNEXED INTO LAKEST LOUIS ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO. It is now only OC with a CCW.

DOC

I may have found a legal OC location near Lake St Louis. Unincorporated St Charles has no regs against OC andon TV Starbucks has said they will go with whatever the law is.I found a Starbucks that is in an unincorporated area of St Charles. It is at 6319 Ronald Reagan Drive, Lake St Louis, MO‎ and per this map it is several blocks outsideof lake St Louis's jurisdiction. http://maps.yahoo.com/index.php?ard=1&q1=Lake%20St%20Louis%2C%20MO%2063367#mvt=m&lat=38.761686&lon=-90.758626&zoom=14&q1=Lake%20St%20Louis%2C%20MO%2063367

That is something that would need to be confirmed

Doc

mspgunner

imported post

You are all welcome to meet each other at Babler State Park April 17th! Great chance to meet and exchange ideas. CCW, NOT OC, but our time will come! 10:00 ON NEAR THE POOL. There are already 15 confirmed via another discussion group.

DarenGlock23

imported post

Thank you for the invite. But I strictly oc. And let's find out about the place near lake saint Louis. I'm still searching for a place. We may need to reschedual. Can I get a confirmation from those interested in attending?

Superlite27

imported post

mspgunner wrote:
You are all welcome to meet each other at Babler State Park April 17th! Great chance to meet and exchange ideas. CCW, NOT OC, but our time will come! 10:00 ON NEAR THE POOL. There are already 15 confirmed via another discussion group.

Discussion group? Here? Link?

I'm up for something on the 17th.

Time and location. s' all I need. Time and location. Don't care if it's OC or CC.

I'm definately up for a Bar-B-Que, though.

mspgunner

imported post

Babler State Park April 17th, with the 18th as a rain date. 10:00 or so till?

In the entrance, go straight for 2.5 miles, you will pass the visitor center on the right, just keep going straight. You'll go downa long hill and there will be a couple of roads to the right, you are looking for the swimming pool (No longer used) we will be in that area. There are a bunch of tables and off the ground Bar-b-q pits.

This is a valley and cell phone use is hit and miss - FYI. There is a large field for ball/frisbee.... There is no store, bring everything you need. Dogs on leash, no shooting in the park.

Great opportunity to echange ideas and information....

mspgunner

imported post

To get to Babler State Park in Wildwood/St. Louis Co.

From I-44 you take highway 109 north to hwy BA and make a left. The Park is well marked.

From I-64 aka 40 you get off at Long Rd. and go to the "T". Make a right turn onto Wild Horse Creek Rd. At the stop sign, hwy 109 you make a left and go south. Hwy BA is on the right. The park entrance is on the right and well marked.

Turn into the park and go straight for 2.4 miles. The road to the right is the picnic area. There is a large swimming pool, no longer in use and two large ball fields. There are dozens of picnic tables and elevated bar-b-q pits with paved parking.

Dogs must be on a leash, no shooting in the park. There are bath roon facilities on site and drinking fountains if operable. Bring everything you need for a picnic! There are no stores or sales within the park, nearest retail is quite a bit away.

Date: Sat. April 17th with an alternate for April 18th in the event of rain.

Start time 10:00 ->?

cash50

imported post

DarenGlock23 wrote:
I oc in st chuck all the time I thought I could and the leo's said I could too... Well, st peters any good?

St. Peters you're supposed to have a CCW to OC...stupid. But at least I qualify.

I'm surprised about the St. Charles Code because I called the cops last year and they told me it's legal, but then I read that code and wonder WTF?

DarenGlock23

imported post

St peters doesn't require a ccw... Not to my knowlege. And I've been "Terry" stopped there. Anyways. I'm open to a BBQ in somebody driveway! I mean that's totally legal to OC if the homeowner knows and allows it! Hah!
... Laws. They're a mf'r sometimes.

cash50

imported post

Darren, when I checked St. Peters' online ordinances, I read it as you had to have a CCW to OC.

They told my brother the same thing when he called. Feel free to check for yourself though.

Also, are we doing a get together soon? Babler? Somewhere else? I'm confused.