Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Have you seen this?

  1. #1
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954

    Post imported post

    I think we need to send this video to ALL businesses open to the public. I find it really rare for a New Jersey judge to be so Pro-2A, and such a constitutional scholar. We need Judge Napolitano on SCOTUS!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP1Wgkh5MeE
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  2. #2
    Regular Member lil_freak_66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mason, Michigan
    Posts
    1,811

    Post imported post

    loved it.

    left a comment on there about women carrying concealed,openly and not at all.

    its a very well known and used argument in the firearms community,both by OCers and CCers.



    i favorited it too
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.


  3. #3
    Regular Member eastmeyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hazel Park, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,383

    Post imported post

    Big Gay Al wrote:
    I think we need to send this video to ALL businesses open to the public. I find it really rare for a New Jersey judge to be so Pro-2A, and such a constitutional scholar. We need Judge Napolitano on SCOTUS!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP1Wgkh5MeE
    Day late and a dollar sort. JK

    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/39503.html

    How about those sub topics forum links?

    God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

    "Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

  4. #4
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954

    Post imported post

    Yeah, I saw that, but decided to start my own thread anyway.

    Actually, I had a brain fart and forgot about the other thread completely.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  5. #5
    Regular Member eastmeyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hazel Park, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,383

    Post imported post

    Well okay than mr fancy pants.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

    "Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

  6. #6
    Regular Member CrossPistols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mundy Twp. Charter Member, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    I wish he was right, I wish he was on the Supreme Court, but He is wrong.......................He even slipped, he started to say the gun right is protected from the Fed...Constitution.
    He should have finished the word Federal. He is right that you are invited, but you are not forced to go in, as oppose to a Post offic, court, etc. therefore your rights are not being shed or striped. You may be denied to go into Starbucks, but I don't recall seeing that right to enter Starbucks in the Constitution. Now if the Feds. start telling me to go to Starbucks well then we have a case.
    Furthermore if Starbucks is a so called public accommodation, and required to serve the public, this kinda means that starbucks cannot close at any time for any reason because it might deny you the right to carry a gun, and that is just stupid.

  7. #7
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954

    Post imported post

    CrossPistols wrote:
    I wish he was right, I wish he was on the Supreme Court, but He is wrong.......................He even slipped, he started to say the gun right is protected from the Fed...Constitution.
    He should have finished the word Federal. He is right that you are invited, but you are not forced to go in, as oppose to a Post offic, court, etc. therefore your rights are not being shed or striped. You may be denied to go into Starbucks, but I don't recall seeing that right to enter Starbucks in the Constitution. Now if the Feds. start telling me to go to Starbucks well then we have a case.
    Furthermore if Starbucks is a so called public accommodation, and required to serve the public, this kinda means that starbucks cannot close at any time for any reason because it might deny you the right to carry a gun, and that is just stupid.
    Not according to US Code.
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/42/12181.html

    Also the City of Phoenix.
    http://phoenix.gov/eod/discpubl.html

    Basically, any business open to the public, is a public accommodation.

    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  8. #8
    Regular Member CrossPistols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mundy Twp. Charter Member, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    Your point?

    oh ok Now it is clearer i agree it is a public accommodation, but the key word is Invite, not forced

  9. #9
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954

    Post imported post

    CrossPistols wrote:
    Your point?

    oh ok Now it is clearer i agree it is a public accommodation, but the key word is Invite, not forced
    True, you're not forced to go in, but I think the Judge.....actually, I don't know what the judge's point is. I wonder, if I asked him, would he explain in greater detail? I'll have to try that.

    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  10. #10
    Regular Member CrossPistols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mundy Twp. Charter Member, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    374

    Post imported post

    Big Gay Al wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    Your point?

    oh ok Now it is clearer i agree it is a public accommodation, but the key word is Invite, not forced
    True, you're not forced to go in, but I think the Judge.....actually, I don't know what the judge's point is. I wonder, if I asked him, would he explain in greater detail? I'll have to try that.
    Believe me if the supreme court ruled his way. I would be in seventh heaven, but you know as well as I that if we went into a Michigan store with a gun, and they said leave because of the gun, and we did not. The police would show up and escort us to jail, based on Trespass, this is why I don't think he is right. Plus I like the Idea of being able to say what and what is not ok in my store, remember I pay the taxes, and I am Liable for any and everything that happens.

  11. #11
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954

    Post imported post

    CrossPistols wrote:
    Big Gay Al wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    Your point?

    oh ok Now it is clearer i agree it is a public accommodation, but the key word is Invite, not forced
    True, you're not forced to go in, but I think the Judge.....actually, I don't know what the judge's point is. I wonder, if I asked him, would he explain in greater detail? I'll have to try that.
    Believe me if the supreme court ruled his way. I would be in seventh heaven, but you know as well as I that if we went into a Michigan store with a gun, and they said leave because of the gun, and we did not. The police would show up and escort us to jail, based on Trespass, this is why I don't think he is right. Plus I like the Idea of being able to say what and what is not ok in my store, remember I pay the taxes, and I am Liable for any and everything that happens.
    If I go into a store, and they deny me service because I'm packing, the smart thing to do is leave and then sue them. Problem is, with things they way they are, I'd have a hard time finding a lawyer who'd take the case, and and even harder time finding a judge who would treat it right.

    Unless I was in Judge Napolitano's jurisdiction.

    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Bronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Battle Creek, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,157

    Post imported post

    Big Gay Al wrote:
    Unless I was in Judge Napolitano's jurisdiction.
    But then you'd be in Jersey and you wouldn't have a gun in the first place

    Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

  13. #13
    Michigan Moderator Big Gay Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mason, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,954

    Post imported post

    Bronson wrote:
    Big Gay Al wrote:
    Unless I was in Judge Napolitano's jurisdiction.
    But then you'd be in Jersey and you wouldn't have a gun in the first place

    Bronson
    I was hoping to talk him into moving to Michigan. We need more judges with common sense.
    Big Gay Al
    Coordinator, Michigan Pink Pistols
    Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    Fabrique Nationale d'Herstal FNX-45 .45ACP 16 rounds of hurt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •