• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funds Needed For My Appeal

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
A pittance on the way. Wish it could be more.

Good luck.
On a side note, once I complete my P90X program I wouldn't mind a kilt! Ha. I never did get around to making one for myself. . . .but seeing as how I look to get rid of about 6 sizes from my waist it is probably a good thing.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Is that stuff really working for you?

I always kinda thought of it as over marketed, makes more sense to be committed to long term fitness in my eyes. I know a bunch of college guys in Merced who did it, then they pretty much never showed up near the gym.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
Is that stuff really working for you?

I always kinda thought of it as over marketed, makes more sense to be committed to long term fitness in my eyes. I know a bunch of college guys in Merced who did it, then they pretty much never showed up near the gym.
It is over marketed, but like any program if you use it properly it will work. The purpose of starting this program is the speed of getting into a program and consistent results. Once the habit if formed by dedicating the time and energy it would be easier to take a more long-term approach. When I do something I like to hit it hard and P90x provides that for an overweight extremely out of shape ex-Army man.

cato

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Check your PMs. I'm good for $30. If you do not accumulate enough, you can keep it to defray your previous legal expenses.

Thank you!Three cheers forthe Son ofVirginia, Birthplace of America!!!! :celebrate

It would be great if there was at least one contribution from every state!

1) VIRGINIA IS FIRST INTO THE BREACH! WHO'S NEXT!

BUY A THESEUS LIBERTY BOND TODAY!!!

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Chunna wrote:
Hey man. Newer person to the site and all and not too aware of what's going on with this? Is there a nutshell of what's goin on??? How much you still short as of today?
Long story short. . . open carrying doing my laundry on private property and charged for 626.9 because a private property parking lot to a business was ruled by the judge as not private property. A lot of other incorrect judgments as well that prevented me from actually presenting a defense.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Chunna wrote:
Damn... that's crazy! Think Chewey and Leo were tellin me about that yesterday. How short are ya still? I'm going to wait til the end of theweek to see where you're at though and help ya out.
The tracking thermometer on the first post is about accurate as to what has been pledged.

And, although I can appreciate the "wait and see" approach, this needs to be filed on Monday. It takes no less than 3 business days to transfer the funds from my PayPal/GunPal account to my bank account to be able to use them. The sooner the better.

<shameless plug> If you need motivation or incentive, I have a car and a truck for sale. . . if anyone wants to buy those I could cover the rest myself and that person would get a car (or truck)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cato wrote:
SNIP Everyone who has ever OCed, wanted to OC, thought about OCing, or is interested in OCing in CA should give $25, $50, or $100 for this very important appeal opportunity. We have one week to get this amount!
"And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."Declaration of Independence4Jul1776 (emphasis added)

Chunna

imported post

I gotcha man. Well, being that you're still VERY short on it, I wanna shoot you $200 to help out. Only problem is is that I don't have pay pal or anything like that. I do have a chase account and could wire you the $ or if you PM me an address, I can get a money order out in the mail today...

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

For those whom are sending by mail, please don't send cash. It can get lost and if so, then it is lost to all. PM me for address.

There are a few donations I have that I don't have a screen name for and pledges that I don't have amounts for. I don't want to get all in your business, but to keep from double counting pledges and/payments I would like a PM to clarify. I will not call out names, but amounts. . . if you send it via PayPal or GunPal for those amounts, please PM me to claim them.

$10 GunPal
$100 PayPal

We are really close, and for that I thank you all. I myself didn't look at the documents closely enough and it seems that the quote doesn't cover all the dates of the trial so I might need another round like this, but we will cross that bridge when and if we get there. I don't wish to get more than I actually can't do without for the appeal.

Again, I would cover this myself if I was able to and your continued support is helpful and appreciated. Believe me that if I or my lawyers thought this money was to fight a losing case I would have simply taken my lickings and moved on. If some turn of events happens and I either win the lottery, receive a cash settlement from the civil case I will file after the appeal is successful, or whatever I will be getting this back to the cause. We probably won't need it, but we might to help someone else.

Thermometer is current and shows pledges only not actual funds receipts. On Friday I will post all actual receipts.

jaydog

imported post

Theseus,

You don't know me, but I've been lurking here on the boards the past couple-three weeks. I've recently become a new handgun owner and in researching gun laws I came upon your thread and stayed up until 2am this past Sunday morning reading it. It really sounds like to me that the DA is trying to make an example out of you to discourage open carry.

Anyway, for what it's worth I have gifted you $20 which you can put towards you appeals case.

jaydog