• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funds Needed For My Appeal

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hello all. I have received in the mail today a quote from the court that the transcripts required to move proceed in my appeal is $953.90. I need to pay this ammount and submit it to the court no later than Monday March 22nd, 2010.

If you are capable and willing to contribute any amount to achieve this amount it would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to also take this time to thank all who support me, even if you can't afford to donate anything to this cause.

If you are interested in sending a check, PM me. Otherwise you can send via PayPal or GunPal (you might guess which is preferred).

My e-mail for this is claytonmscott @ yahoo.com

I will try and keep a tally going so that we know when to stop.

thermometer-graphic.jpg

chewy352

imported post

I have $20 for you now and can have more on payday but unfortunately thats the 22nd. Keep us informed and thanks for continuing your fight.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We do have some OC'ers that have pledge to cover this to ensure meeting of the deadline, but I would request that we still do what we can to reduce any one individuals cost.

For the deadline, these things are set by procedure and not unique to my case.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Hell, I'll match chewy's 20.

If everyone thinks someone else will take care of it, then noone will do anything about it.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Check your PMs. I'm good for $30. If you do not accumulate enough, you can keep it to defray your previous legal expenses.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

At this time I am trying to remain as low-key on this as possible for strategic reasons.

Trust me when I say that I am doing so with very specific strategy in mind.

**ADD** No, I just mean that I wont be making the appeal as public as the trial. I would like to keep the fund-raising to only that which is actually needed to cover the costs. I wouldn't even be asking for this if I could possibly swing this myself and am not trying to make it rich of open carriers. . . . I will however not hate so terribly making a few dollars back from the City of Alhambra.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Jesus, why does it cost so much for this stuff? Do they classify and compartmentalize information in complicated cardfiles and hanging folder drawers using the dewey decimal system? I'm going to have to do a comparison for North Carolina because if you ask me, people are already being paid to do this stuff but I can understand a nominal fee, but almost a grand?!

cato

imported post

We're lucky it was not almost 10 times that sad to say.

Everyone who has ever OCed, wanted to OC, thought about OCing, or is interested in OCing in CA should give $25, $50, or $100 for this very important appeal opportunity. We have one week to get this amount!

wewd

imported post

I'll send funds as soon as GunPal verifies my bank account. I have PayPal ready to go but I won't use it unless I have to.