• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member in NC

komiller118

imported post

Not sure where to put this, just wanted to say Hey. Been an LEO for about 8 yrs. Work in Washington County. Thanks for the site and all the info shared here. I am LEO and pro-gun. Just got to figure out a way to keep the BG's from getting them without hurting us law abiding citizens.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome to OCDO. I don't know Washington County, but I travel several times a year to Boone and/or Catawba/Hickory/Statesville area.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Welcome komiller, to OpenCarry.org.

We all welcome you and be sure to visit the North Carolina section of this forum from time to time to see what's going on in the state as far as meetups and other issues related to NC.

NightOwl

imported post

Welcome to the boards, glad to have you on board.

I think it's a lost cause to try to figure out how to keep them out of the hands of the bad guys. They'll get them one way or another. As long as they are in the hands of the good guys too, it'll at least provide a significant deterent, rather than the lopsided mess that it currently is in some places.