Thread: my own personal open carry day

Post imported post

today i decided to have my very own , personal open carry day. i have been carrying concealled for 24 years, always leagally.... either by permit, or statute or in the case of mississippi at the time, no permit needed.

today tho was a first... i open carried into the eagle point walmart AND the white city grange co-op. and nothing.... the masses did not panic, the heavens did not rain down upon me, heck not even a sideways glance....i was treated like a paying customer, courteously and i shall return....

i think i will post here where i carry and the results, unless of course there is a different forum, if so, kindly point it out to me

thanks for reading

*Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Post imported post

Sounds like a great first day. The feeling that everyone is watching you will wear off eventually.

Post imported post

it certainly was strange to NOT be adjusting an overshirt, checking buttons, etc... maybe next time i take the nickel pt100 instead of the parkerized sig.... mmmmm shiney!
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Post imported post

Might not guarantee results, I carry a nickel .38 S&W and don't get much attention..

Post imported post

Congrats on your first uneventful Open Carry outing!

The best thing I can suggest is to know the laws AND your rights inside and out, and get ready for the most common question: "Are you a cop?"

...Orygunner...

Post imported post

i get that question all the time now, guess i just have the cop look

Post imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
    i get that question all the time now, guess i just have the cop look
    Actually I thought you had more of the outlaw biker look!

Post imported post

outlaw biker? me? nah? maybe a cop, undercover as an outlaw biker? ....

Post imported post

TeddyBearFrmHell:

There is a "friend or foe" website and some Medford businesses have been input already. At the moment it seems to be down but it can be found by doing a search of the forums here.

I have been carrying openly in Medford since last summer and the only business that has denied me entry is the Rogue Valley Mall.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

Is that a V-Star 650 Silverado? I have one that is getting the 'rat' treatment.. and I OC while riding.. !

Post imported post

JBURGII wrote:
    Is that a V-Star 650 Silverado? I have one that is getting the 'rat' treatment.. and I OC while riding.. !
    no, it is a Volusia vl800 and today i open carried while i was out for a four hour ride.... guns and bikes mmmmmmmmmm

Post imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
    JBURGII wrote:
    no, it is a Volusia vl800 and today i open carried while i was out for a four hour ride.... guns and bikes mmmmmmmmmm
    LOL, darn badgeless bikes! Still nice ride sir. I ride all over Lane County while OCing my .38 special.. most people don't even notice, but once in a while I get the stoplight stare.. driver in slow lane looks over.. does double take.. is entertaining.. I just smile.

The nickel plating compliments my Vance n Hines..

Post imported post

JBURGII wrote:
    Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
    JBURGII wrote:
    LOL, darn badgeless bikes! Still nice ride sir. I ride all over Lane County while OCing my .38 special.. most people don't even notice, but once in a while I get the stoplight stare.. driver in slow lane looks over.. does double take.. is entertaining.. I just smile.

The nickel plating compliments my Vance n Hines..
    "LOL, darn badgeless bikes!"

yep, the ONLY place mine says suzuki on it is on the VIN plate..... its fun to watch the harley riders get a close look and back away in horror when a japanese brand is uttered... but i would be scared too, back when i rode a troublehead it too would smell one of my asian dirtbikes on me and in a fit of jealousy it would break down and put me afoot...

in all seriousness, thanks, i love my ride almost as much as the guns..... been without a bike for 15 years, but never once without a gun

Post imported post

hehe.. I hear ya.. My V-Star is not the top of the heap where 2 wheels are concerned, but its a lot of fun, cheap to operate and gets me in the wind. I suffer depression when shes gone or down.. (as now with burned up fuel pump) but soon..

I moved back up here from California and love the freedoms here where I can ride almost at will through the state with my trusty S&W..

Post imported post

its not what you financed, its that you ride....

my bike was dirt cheap, but in great shape. ispent some time and money and it is the best anti-depressant money can buy... by the time i hit 3rd gear i forget all the worrys of the day

Post imported post

It was very interesting last summer when I rode everywhere and I OC 100% of the time. I really didn't get any panic or fear from the general public like I have been told I would find..

I plan on doing the same this summer..

Post imported post

since i ride year round and have dedicated myself to open carry, i have already started.... and i will be vilgilant in posting where i am accepted and not... those who do not support my right, do not deserve MY financial support. i am ok with a company having any policy that supports the local laws... "if its legal we accept it" kind of thing.. but dont go against open carry just cause you "dont have a pair"

Post imported post

I admit, I wussed out this winter.. plus being out of work all winter I had not put in a new fuel pump yet.. I plan on wearing out a set of tires this summer though.. gonna have to get out and visit other OCers in the North and Southern Oregon areas..

Post imported post

vilgilant, vilgilant? wtf was i strying to spell??? lets try vigilant shall we?

if you make to this area, let me know, wouldnt mind meeting you.

Post imported post

Teddybearfrmhell wrote:
    vilgilant, vilgilant? wtf was i strying to spell??? lets try vigilant shall we?

if you make to this area, let me know, wouldnt mind meeting you.
    We understood what you were saying.. my keyboard likes to play tricks on me at times, usually crumbs from my snacks bugger up the keys.. hehe..

I do get down to that area on occasion and will post info on those trips here so I can have coffee with others of the dark arts..

Post imported post

open carried today at the

army navy store -white city

big r - white city

papa murphys -white city

callahans lodge - I-5 exit 6

old farmhouse restaurant -white city

patties kitchen- gold hill

100% incident free...