• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Third times a charm.

Sabotage70

imported post

Next Saturday lets try and go shooting. I would like to do it at 1:00 again. But lets eat lunch at the pizza place next to New Frontier Armory. We can meet at Decara's Pizza at around 11:30. That will give us plenty of time to eat then drop off the receipts at NFA.

Sabotage70

imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
I work on Saturday, but was hoping to see something going on sometime around mid Sunday.

GoDSpeeD
*cough*call in sick*cough*;)

J/K We can do that. Last week I made the mistake and said the Bristol race was today. But it's actually next week. But thats ok. What ever will get the most people out there. To bad they don't have picnic tables out there. So we could just do the picnic out there.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Sorry I haven't added it to the calendar. I've been really sick since the strip walk. I hasn't feeling very good that night, but I'm just totally sick as a dog right now! Really the whole family is.

GoDSpeeD

DavidS

imported post

I'll be there for Lunch then off to the range. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

Sabotage70

imported post

The weather's supposed to be great. The forecast is calling for mid 70's on sunday. Hopefully we get some more to come out. We might have to keep Godspeed a couple of tables down if he's well enough to show up. That way we don't get sick.:uhoh:

flagellum

imported post

Not part of the range day but I'm going today, (Saturday) around 10:00 until whenever. maybe 2 hours. Anyone is welcome to come join me.

Sabotage70

imported post

greengum wrote:
a hour and a half of driving and couldn't find it!!! Phone map failed.

Damn, you didn't have anybody's # to call. Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and stop and ask for directions.;)
I got there just after 1:00 and didn't leave till 6:15.
I shot 550 rounds of .40 cal, around 600 rounds .22lr, 65 rounds of .38 and a box shotgun shells. :celebrate
Changed the way I gripped my XDm 40 and improved my grouping.
Even though nobody showed up at the range I still had a good time.:monkey

greengum

imported post

I did stop and ask for directions and nobody had even heard of a range out there. I ended up going from the 215 on the south side all the way to the 215 on the north side. I also didn't get anyone's number at the last meet up! I fail! I brought an M1 carbine with me too.

GoDSpeeD

imported post

It sucks that you missed the range, but there is next time. Sabotage thats a lot of ammo... I wanted to go but was under time constraints. I have marriage classes on sundays. Sucks to be me for missing the range.

GoDSpeeD

gmijackso

imported post

I didn't think anybody would be at the range that late. I went to the dry lake bed in Jean around 3 and shot 100 rounds. Great day to be away from town. If I would have though somebody would have been at the range still I would have thought more about going north instead of south.