• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

detained and released in Southgate

Viper068

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
That is why I contend asking permission is not a good idea... I have gone back and forth on this but have settled on the fact that asking permission to do something perfectly legal is just foolish and tends to lead to being told no out of hand without them ever getting to see what a non issue it really is!
1.I talk to the guy all the time so it was in polite conversation.
2.He was not aware oc was legal gave hem a trifold and sent hem here said he would check it out.
3.If he calls SGPD and they say it is not legal then they need a lot more training to get them up to speed.
4.privet property rules win just saying.

autosurgeon

imported post

Yes private property rules are king. However why ask permission to do something that is perfectly legal? I have come to the conclusion that just showing up OCing and being ready to answer questions if they are asked is the better way to go.

That way they get to see that none of there other customers freak out and that you are the same nice normal person you always have been. And that the only diff is a gun on your hip.

And if they ask you to leave ... just leave it is that simple.

DanM

imported post

Viper068 wrote:
I had a chat with the owner of ram horn on fort st about having an oc meet and eat there he said he would research it and let me know will post what he says that was on friday.

While this guy is doing his "research", I hope you have scheduled it somewhere else, preferably just down the street from him. That way, when he calls back, no matter what his decision, you can tell him while he was doing his "research", his competitornext doorgot the group's business this time around. But leave the door open for him if he says OC is welcome.

It really sucks when you're a business owner and your competitors get your customers due to your own ignorance. It will really drive the lesson home for this guy, if he's smart, and future OC group requests will be met with an IMMEDIATE welcome.

jmlefler

imported post

Most Michigan knife laws that I'm aware of contain the "intent" proviso. I believe that is something that must be proven in court. And oh yeah, don't talk to the police.

Carry on