• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

another anti-gun establishment

VegasGlocKid

imported post

so we went from timbers which was very friendly...probably because im the owners son, but also knew the gun laws....because of my dads training with employees, to the olive on sunset and green valley. the olive is a hookah/ Mediterranean cafe. they greeted us and was more than happy to sit us down and place our order for hookah and drinks. than some arabian (hookah is a middle eastern tradition) came up with some tall towel head looking osama and said we need to get rid of our arms......i wanted to leave right then and there but my buddies insisted on staying because they wanted to smoke....so i put my glock in my truck and walked back in. while the lady was saying....why do you have a gun....i said "well, why not. its my constitutional right." she said ok as long as its put away and asked all of my friends (which open carried up until this place) to stand up and check holsters. after about 30 mins of smoking and making up our own versions of the songs the live band was playing....about anti gun and left wing terrorists. we paid our bill and left while giving them a dirty look.

soo.....stay away from The Olive.....

Vegassteve

imported post

timf343 wrote:
LOL, I don't understand..... You recommend everyone stay away but despite being told to leave, you opted to instead comply and give them business anyway?
Plus one. I just dont get this. I guesssafety and reasons for carry are not that strong. I hear people preach all the time for the need to carry but then just do this sort of thing. Sorry but that is what sheeple do.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

Let me expand further for clarity....I was there with friends (who paid, i didn't spend a dime, or a pennie) and I'm not going to sit in the car or out in the cold and wait. So under this circumstance yes, I guess I became a sheeple or whatever you guys call it nowadays. But they were staying for a smoke and we carpooled and I didn't pay anything. But I know now not to go back and to tell me friends to go without me.

Vegassteve

imported post

Sorry if I misunderstood but your story as I read was you were sat down, placed a order, and then were told no guns. And more than you just had been OC. So maybe the tag does not apply to you but as a group you made the call. Places like that only understand one thing MONEY. And what they understand now is that they got your money and got you to disarm. If you as a group decide to walk out and not spend it makes a statement. There is more than one hooka joint in this town.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

your right but we were in that area. the way "placing an order" works at a hookah lounge is you tell them what flavor you want to smoke and if you want drinks. so as you walk in the door and get seated you say "mint" or whatever. at that time the lady and guy came up while the hookah "technician" went to grab the pipe and coals. my group was ocing but had the guns in the car due to drinking. i was driving so i was not drinking....

i suppose as a group yes we still used their services and got "our" money. but this was a rare case where i stayed with my group instead of just leaving....

flagellum

imported post

Just out of curiositydo you have your concealed permit? In these types of situations where for whatever reason you cannot take your bussiness elsewhere, to simply comply with their right to "feel" safe by not showing your gun.