• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walgreens, Walmart, and Wobberies.

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

Walgreens - So last night I bought contact juice (saline) and the girl at the counter said

"you scare me".So I asked, "it is because I wear all black?"she said "no" "is it all my tattoos?" "no, it's because you have a gun" "oh well that...that's a defensive weapon, it can't possibly hurt you because you're not going to hurt me right?"and she's like "well of course not".

She was a sad lil sheeple, but I tried to lighten her mood.

Walmart - oil change. Kid at the shop playfully, yet annoyingly announces "oh my god he has a gun"

Then he went on to ask me about the make/model and commented on my tshirt. Sillyness, but stupid yah

Bank - ATM
I'm pretty sure I almost got robbed the other night. I went to the bank to get money fora out of towntrip. When I drove in, a white utility van was parked, no lights, in line of sight of the drive through. He had been there the whole time I was waiting at a red light to turn into the bank and hadn't moved at all. When I passed the van, I saw someone was in the driver seat, but it had no windows in back, so I couldn't tell if a crew was inside or not. As soon as I pass and get into the drive up lane, the van starts towards me with its lights still off. The engine had been on the whole time. So I hauled ass and drove straight through. The van didn't stop at the atm either!!! I ended up driving to another atm a few miles away. Call me paranoid...but I'd rather be paranoid than dead.

VegasGlocKid

imported post

forget the drive up! i would have walked to the wall mounted unit and made sure strong side was facing the van.

even if that means walking backward......godspeed you know! lol

Dangerfish

imported post

Aboslutely, I always go to walk up ATM's. And make sure I look around every time I get to the next screen and make sure my strong side is out.

Remmy

imported post

Lostlittlerobot wrote:
Walgreens - So last night I bought contact juice (saline) and the girl at the counter said

"you scare me".So I asked, "it is because I wear all black?"she said "no" "is it all my tattoos?" "no, it's because you have a gun" "oh well that...that's a defensive weapon, it can't possibly hurt you because you're not going to hurt me right?"and she's like "well of course not".

She was a sad lil sheeple, but I tried to lighten her mood.

Walmart - oil change. Kid at the shop playfully, yet annoyingly announces "oh my god he has a gun"

Then he went on to ask me about the make/model and commented on my tshirt. Sillyness, but stupid yah

Bank - ATM
I'm pretty sure I almost got robbed the other night. I went to the bank to get money fora out of towntrip. When I drove in, a white utility van was parked, no lights, in line of sight of the drive through. He had been there the whole time I was waiting at a red light to turn into the bank and hadn't moved at all. When I passed the van, I saw someone was in the driver seat, but it had no windows in back, so I couldn't tell if a crew was inside or not. As soon as I pass and get into the drive up lane, the van starts towards me with its lights still off. The engine had been on the whole time. So I hauled ass and drove straight through. The van didn't stop at the atm either!!! I ended up driving to another atm a few miles away. Call me paranoid...but I'd rather be paranoid than dead.
sounds like they were up to no good for sure, glad everything turned out okay. I wouldnt call you paranoid I would call you aware of too many unknown factors. Guns all be it a very very good deterrent isnt a catch all by any means. there are plenty of dirtbags out there that are not swayed by it at all. Great situational awareness and observation.

doninvegas

imported post

I think ATMs are the most dangerous places around....You did the smart thing....
I ride a MC and always have to go to the walk up....I carry CC, but when i am facing the ATM i always expose my weapon by raising my shirt or jacket.....I have never been challenged....I have noticed that people do not line up closely behind me.....;)

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Walking backwards... lol

GoDSpeeD

forget the drive up! i would have walked to the wall mounted unit and made sure strong side was facing the van.

even if that means walking backward......godspeed you know! lol
Last edited on Mon Mar 15th, 2010 12:13 am by VegasGlocKid