Thread: DNA Sampling Upon Arrest - the new thing?

Post imported post

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...ng-upon-arrest

Now there’s DNA sampling. Obama told Walsh he supported the federal government, as well as the 18 states that have varying laws requiring compulsory DNA sampling of individuals upon an arrest for crimes ranging from misdemeanors to felonies. The data is lodged in state and federal databases, and has fostered as many as 200 arrests nationwide, Walsh said.
    *snip*
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Your concern is justified and the information in the article is valid. I considered posting it too. Few will pick-up the thread because you forgot about

1) Caption your thread like a newspaper headline - make it descriptive so that others will know what it is a about - and use standard headline format, capitalizing only the first letter of the first word in the caption and proper nouns. Example: Federal lawsuit filed against Cleveland Heights police for harassing open carrier

It is extremely important that posters follow this format as google and other outfits crawl through our postings and determine whether these threads get visibility on the Internet.

Post imported post

Good to know pedantry is alive and well on OCDO. I'm sure glad you caught those three extra capital letters.

Seriously though, I've been up since yesterday morning. A little slack would be appreciated.

Also good to know I wasn't way off topic, and that I was correct in thinking this could be a concern for here.

Banned

Post imported post

Why not post it again, straight. Ask the mods to merge the two threads, beg some special consideration for your fatigue.

Post imported post

Or, you know, edit the title and our current off topic banter.

Banned

Post imported post

Or just lock it.