• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DNA Sampling Upon Arrest - the new thing?

AbNo

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Your concern is justified and the information in the article is valid. I considered posting it too. Few will pick-up the thread because you forgot about

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]1) Caption your thread like a newspaper headline - make it descriptive so that others will know what it is a about - and use standard headline format, capitalizing only the first letter of the first word in the caption and proper nouns. Example: Federal lawsuit filed against Cleveland Heights police for harassing open carrier[/font]

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]It is extremely important that posters follow this format as google and other outfits crawl through our postings and determine whether these threads get visibility on the Internet.[/font]

AbNo

imported post

Good to know pedantry is alive and well on OCDO. I'm sure glad you caught those three extra capital letters. :)

Seriously though, I've been up since yesterday morning. A little slack would be appreciated. :uhoh:

Also good to know I wasn't way off topic, and that I was correct in thinking this could be a concern for here.