• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Eat green with a gun for St Pat in Manassas

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Anyone interested in Fosters in old town for lunch. I know it's not irish, but the food is good!

Manassas Open Carry Luncheon
Fosters Grille in Old Town Manassas
3-17-2010 11:30-12:30

Open for suggestions for time change. Who's interested?

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

coltcarrier wrote:
Anyone interested in Fosters in old town for lunch. I know it's not irish, but the food is good!

Manassas Open Carry Luncheon
Fosters Grille in Old Town Manassas
3-17-2010 11:30-12:30

Open for suggestions for time change. Who's interested?
Finally! One close to me.. I can't come.. I work dayshift now.. so I can only attend dinners now :uhoh:

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good to know that members outside my office are able to make it. I was starting to think about changing the day so it wouldn't just be an office thing!

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thanks to all that showed up for lunch. Good food, good conversations!

We were able to enjoy a good lunch outside on the patio. The train tracking through added a couple of pause points from conversation for refills. No issues to report. The table of LEOs didn't even notice us until we started to leave. One couple did decide to quietly move inside after sitting down and looking over at us.

Point of note: Hatfields gunsmiffin' is closed on Wed.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

coltcarrier wrote:
One couple did decide to quietly move inside after sitting down and looking over at us.
They may have moved inside because the umbrella on that table was broken...

Good to CU agn, and meet some new people...

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, but we allow those that choose to carry "other" guns to still join us! Although there was a majority of 1911s there the variety of people and backgrounds are what make outings like this unique. Next time maybe we can take two tables...