• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Passing thru NM on the way to Bike Week in Arizona.

rodbender

imported post

I just need to know about transporting in a vehicle as I'm passing thru and about open/conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcoholif we stop to eat. I have a Texas CHL.

snoball

imported post

No problem transporting in your vehicle. However, no open or concealed carry in any restaurants that serve alcohol. After July 1, 2010, you may carry concealed in restaurants that serve beer/wine only if you have a CHL.

snoball

imported post

No problem. You do not need a CHL to carry in a car in NM. Have a good trip.

SsevenN

imported post

One more thing, Concealed carry WITHOUT a permit is legal. As long as the magazine is not inserted in the gun, and carrying concealed without a permit with a loaded gun, is a petty misdemeanor.

And of course, OC is G2G outside of some government buildings, school zones, and establishments that sell alchohol for on or off site consumption.

jhow1nm2

imported post

What? Did I read correctly? As of July 1, of this year, we can conceal carry when eating in an establishment that serves beer or wine. When did this pass? Citation?

snoball

imported post

jhow1nm2 wrote:
What? Did I read correctly? As of July 1, of this year, we can conceal carry when eating in an establishment that serves beer or wine. When did this pass? Citation?
CITATION: That was Senate Bill 40 under another post. Thanks to Steve Aiken in Clovis for getting this passed.