Thread: List of Non-Gun Friendly locations

Post imported post

I was headed to the Mall this weekend and happen to be Carryin' and remembered about a post of Mall that don't allow carry. So, I check it out and the mall I was headed to wasn't talked about.

It got me thinking that with this huge internet that maybe we could start a list of places that are not-gun friendly just for referance. I think it could be helpful to most as I'm a new to the carry aspect.

So far I have yet been to a place that doesn't allow but doesn't mean I'm not looking.

For the record I didn't see any signs at the Meridan Mall (Westfield Shopping Center).

Post imported post

Gun Unfriendly Malls:
    Brass Mills
    Buckland Hills
    Danbury Fair

Where I've seen postings at Malls:
    - Inside the first set of doors to the mall from outside. Usually on one of the walls before you get to the next set of doors. Typically on their "Code of Conduct."
    - Inside the mall on a stand somewhere with other things you are prohibited from doing at the mall.

Places I have never seen postings at a Mall:
    - At ANY entrance to an anchor store
    - At ANY entrance to a restaurant in the mall
    - At ANY entrance to any other store in the mall

Post imported post

I believe Wachovia Bank Locations are off limits. Ill check my local branch soon.

Post imported post

There's a Bank of America in Prospect that I believe is off limits as well. I haven't seen signs on other BoA's, just that one. Next time I'm in that area, I'll report back confirmation.

Post imported post

Although I'm not local to any of those malls, I've never seen a no-guns sign anywhere in CT. And I do look around when I go places. This site has a list of antis of all kinds.

http://www.pinkpistols.org/antigun.html

Post imported post

Chubs2287 wrote:
    I believe Wachovia Bank Locations are off limits. Ill check my local branch soon.
    I have been in several Wachovia branches and have never seen any of them posted. The only places I HAVE seen posted are Brass Mill and Danbury Fair.

Post imported post

AGust82 wrote:
    Although I'm not local to any of those malls, I've never seen a no-guns sign anywhere in CT. And I do look around when I go places. This site has a list of antis of all kinds.

That site is just ridiculous. That's like EVERY and seems like EVERYONE.

I was more and most interesting in a list for the "other"places in CT. Like stores and or location other then the known State Parks, k-12 Schools, Federal buildings, etc ..

So far this is a nice short list which is very promising in making me more wanting to OC over my current CC I do.

:celebrate

I will admit that I still felt slightly concerned with I was at the Bowl-O-Rama but that's just because carrying in general in new to me. I'm just wanting to make sure I don't enter into a no carry zone.

Thanks all!

Post imported post

AGust82 wrote:
    Although I'm not local to any of those malls, I've never seen a no-guns sign anywhere in CT.* And I do look around when I go places.* This site has a list of antis of all kinds.

The site appears to be at least a bit outdated. Starbucks has said they want no part in the gun rights debate and will not stop customers from coming in armed if it is legal for them to do so.

Post imported post

I have also noticed a sign at the Meriden Sq. Mall, on one of the big posters inside of one of the doors.

I am interested in any other banks in the area, as far as posted no guns.