Thread: KPBS - Opencary.org's John Pierce interviewed re bill to ban open carry in California

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Mike wrote: And they keep repeating the "can't have the gun loaded" part ignoring the ability to do so in non-prohibited unincorporated territory.

Post imported post

I wish I shared John's certainty.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    From my understanding she is new to the assembly, isn't she? That might be pretty telling as none of the more seasoned and powerful members didn't introduce the bill. It might take more political clout that this member has.

Post imported post

Amita Sharma is pretty much worthless when it comes to writing anything accurately about guns. I have spoken with her AND her editor and both of them are, at best, laughable.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    Amita Sharma is pretty much worthless when it comes to writing anything accurately about guns. I have spoken with her AND her editor and both of them are, at best, laughable.
    That's not the way to charachterize reporters - the story they did was great - its a "story" with players and sides of issues - just keep working with them and feeding them data nicely - over the last couple of years news reporting on gun rights issues has improved greatly for us and arguably is now biased toward our side!

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    I tend to agree. John is one hell of an optimist. But with Assembly Persons this crass, hateful, and hypocritical being the norm in the PRKA, I feel his optimism is misplaced. People like this woman would be glad to kill everyone who disagrees with them, if they could only pass a few more laws that would allow them to do so...

Again, I'd love to be wrong... But I doubt I am. Kalifornia is going in the opposite direction.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
    Gotta keep a positive attitude.

I think it only gets more interesting when we add the element of Adnan Shahab.

Then again this isn't a soap opera, its our rights, and it doesn't matter if she is weak and ineffectual, even if a weak, old person made a grab at your gun you'd give the same response as to someone who was more capable of touching it.

Banned

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    That's not the way to charachterize reporters - the story they did was great - its a "story" with players and sides of issues - just keep working with them and feeding them data nicely - over the last couple of years news reporting on gun rights issues has improved greatly for us and arguably is now biased toward our side!
    I think Nate was understating this to be polite. IIRC, Sharma or maybe just one of her editors in the past have essentially said "you and the facts can go f yourselves, we will lie anyway".

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    ...and arguably is now biased toward our side!
    What are you smoking, and where can I get some?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

What's this "grey area of the law" business. We cannot allow Saldana to paint this as some sort of oversight. I posted a comment on the kpbs page. Don't let our political adversaries box in the argument in falsehoods, mischaracterizations, and flat out lies.

ETA: By the way, John did a great job by characterizing this as a losing proposition before she even gets any traction. Makes her look even more fringe and out of touch.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin