• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KPBS - Opencary.org's John Pierce interviewed re bill to ban open carry in California

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
I wish I shared John's certainty.
From my understanding she is new to the assembly, isn't she? That might be pretty telling as none of the more seasoned and powerful members didn't introduce the bill. It might take more political clout that this member has.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Amita Sharma is pretty much worthless when it comes to writing anything accurately about guns. I have spoken with her AND her editor and both of them are, at best, laughable.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Amita Sharma is pretty much worthless when it comes to writing anything accurately about guns. I have spoken with her AND her editor and both of them are, at best, laughable.
That's not the way to charachterize reporters - the story they did was great - its a "story" with players and sides of issues - just keep working with them and feeding them data nicely - over the last couple of years news reporting on gun rights issues has improved greatly for us and arguably is now biased toward our side!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
I tend to agree. John is one hell of an optimist. But with Assembly Persons this crass, hateful, and hypocritical being the norm in the PRKA, I feel his optimism is misplaced. People like this woman would be glad to kill everyone who disagrees with them, if they could only pass a few more laws that would allow them to do so...

Again, I'd love to be wrong... But I doubt I am. Kalifornia is going in the opposite direction.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:

Gotta keep a positive attitude.

I think it only gets more interesting when we add the element of Adnan Shahab.

Then again this isn't a soap opera, its our rights, and it doesn't matter if she is weak and ineffectual, even if a weak, old person made a grab at your gun you'd give the same response as to someone who was more capable of touching it.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Mike wrote:
pullnshoot25 wrote:
That's not the way to charachterize reporters - the story they did was great - its a "story" with players and sides of issues - just keep working with them and feeding them data nicely - over the last couple of years news reporting on gun rights issues has improved greatly for us and arguably is now biased toward our side!
I think Nate was understating this to be polite. IIRC, Sharma or maybe just one of her editors in the past have essentially said "you and the facts can go f yourselves, we will lie anyway".

coolusername2007

imported post

What's this "grey area of the law" business. We cannot allow Saldana to paint this as some sort of oversight. I posted a comment on the kpbs page. Don't let our political adversaries box in the argument in falsehoods, mischaracterizations, and flat out lies.

ETA: By the way, John did a great job by characterizing this as a losing proposition before she even gets any traction. Makes her look even more fringe and out of touch.