• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newspaper Article from La Crosse

hardballer

imported post

You know, I am glad you sent up an alert on this tribune thing. I entered into a similar discussion on MWT.net BB some time ago. The misinformation out there is appalling and someone has to step up and refute these ludicrous claims being made by individuals who are either ignorant, uneducated, or bent on nefarious intent.

The more of us who join in this battle for the truth, the greater the chance that the truth is actually heard.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

It looks like one of the unbelievers have challenged us that if we OC within the city limits of Lax we will be arrested and he has set a 12 noon showdown on the 18th at Burger King downtown (by the courthouse) to prove his point.

BNH and I will be there having lunch so if anyone else is in the mood for a Whopper come on down!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Spartacus wrote:
It looks like one of the unbelievers have challenged us that if we OC within the city limits of Lax we will be arrested and he has set a 12 noon showdown on the 18th at Burger King downtown (by the courthouse) to prove his point.

BNH and I will be there having lunch so if anyone else is in the mood for a Whopper come on down!
O-o-h! HIGH NOON.... I love it!

hardballer

imported post

Spartacus wrote:

Wish I could be there guys, I like that burger king. Mainly because it is so safe seeing as how it is near to the La Crosse County Court House and police station and sheriffs office and all.

Unless there are some new hires who haven't heard about the 2A, the memo, Jim's proclamation, the court finding, etc.

Should be fun regardless.

Hat tip

hardballer

Serpent

imported post

I'll be there. Strange that I haven't been bothered in LaCrosse at all, though they did look at my spare mag kinda funny when I went through the metal detector at the courthouse.

Serpent

imported post

First time they let me through. Second time they took it away til I was done. The guy must have gotten in trouble after the first time. Told him it wasn't illegal to have it, but also told him I wasn't going to argue about it as long as he didn't lose it for me.

Spartacus

Banned
imported post

Just to put this thread to bed; we came, we saw, and we conquered.

Some idjit galoot name of HonestAbe threatened that we would be arrested if we congregated at the downtown Burger King (right across from the cop shop and adjacent to the courthouse), so of course 5 or 6 of us had to call his bluff.

Needless to say the naysayer was made a fool of and we enjoyed a fine if not rather fattening lunch of fries and whoppers with nary an LEO in sight, and a couple of guys walked uneventfully across town down Third Street to their vehicles.