• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

vehicle UOC

motard91

imported post

I ride a motorcycle and am considering open carrying. While riding would I have to do anything special with my firearm or simply keep it holstered and in plain view?

heliopolissolutions

imported post

And unloaded, and out school zones.

Theres lots more to learn, and you can expect that you might have to endure untoward police attention...as if bikers didn't have it bad enough, right?

I suggest you really browse around the forums and educate yourself before UOCing, alot can go wrong, and theres alot of things you can do to help improve local and state government with regards to the 2A.

There is a FAQ thread posted by Mudcamper where you can familiarize yourself with the history and current goings-on of UOC in CA, also relevant laws and developing cases can be found there.

motard91

imported post

haha yea we get a bad rep to start. But I have been browsing the forum for only a few days but have gained a lot of useful information, not only about UOC but in general about many of my rights. I plan to continue to browse the forums and educate myself on the laws associated with UOC and will probably start during the summer. I have always been a fervent supporter of the 2nd amendment and think this is a very good way to get to public to see that firearms are not only for criminals and officers but every citizen, and that everybody has the right to lawfully possess a firearm both in private and public.

Gundude

imported post

motard91 wrote:
I ride a motorcycle and am considering open carrying. While riding would I have to do anything special with my firearm or simply keep it holstered and in plain view?
You will probably ride through a GFSZ, and you will probably get busted. For myself, I wouldn't risk it.

JJ

imported post

Welcome to the forum Motard.

I too ride a motorcycle but rarely carry while riding. I'll strap on my holster and magazines but keep my gun locked up until I get where I'm going. (Making sure ahead of time where I am going is not in a GFSZ).

There are several schools near my home, but it is also very easy to unknowingly travel thru a school zone while being out and about.

And being out in the open as we are while riding, you may have a concerned citizen (or maybe just some jerk who doesn't like motorcyclist) call the PD after seeing your firearm.

If you're going to carry while riding be ready for unwanted attention,and please be absolutely certain that you know the area you will be traveling thru does not pass thru a GFSZ. I say better safe than sorry.

Ride safe and keep the rubber on the road!

JJ