• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster color

Color of your most common used holster

• Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brown

• Neither

• Total voters

BreakingTheMold

imported post

I'm curious how many people carry in what color of OWB holster.

I'd think black would blend with most sidearms and clothing better. But a light leather brown sends a positive message, IMO.

Do you think the public perceives a black on black gun and holster differently then a stainless and tan gun/holster?

tcmech

imported post

my wife gets mad at me when my holster does not match my shoes and belt

AirBear

imported post

I'm with tcmech, I take conscious effort to coordinate belt shoes & holsters.

Always brown w/ jeans, & khaki's, always black w black & navy pants.

No basket weave for me, all mine are plain black or brown. Makers are El Paso Saddlery, Bucheimer, Gould & Goodrich, Don Hume, Bianchi, Tex Shoemaker.

Use paddles more than anything else.

Ole Man Dan

imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
I'm curious how many people carry in what color of OWB holster.

I'd think black would blend with most sidearms and clothing better. But a light leather brown sends a positive message, IMO.
I've got several holsters that blend in with my belts and pants.
A G-30 in a Dark High Noon holster gets little notice.
Stainless guns and light colored holsters on dark pants attract the eye to them and the one carrying them...
I'm a retired LEO and learned years ago to blend in with the crowd and never draw attention to myself. My first rule has always been to 'Look like you Belong'.

Deanimator

imported post

All of the holsters which I regularly carry are either IWBs or pocket holsters.

I have a rarely worn belt slide for my Glocks that's black, a never worn Fobus paddle holster for my M1911s that's black, and a brown, made in Pakistan GI M1911 holster that probably hasn't been on a belt or had a gun in it in twenty years.

When I bought my Don Hume 715M IWB for my Glock 19, brown was out of stock. I was happy to get it in black instead.

Color is of no importance to me.

Huck

imported post

Three colors for me, brown, tan, and russet! :)

I think that the only person who ever looked good with a all black rig was Paladin, in the TV series "Have gun, will Travel".

petrophase

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mine are tan Galco's, save for some synthetic nylon Uncle Mike's (first holsters and IWB) and a gray Serpa paddle. I like brown, but does stand out more. Plan to add a black leather holster and leather paddle holster to the wardrobe soon.

Old Grump

imported post

I have black, brown and awful scratched and scuffed but serviceable. They all keep my gun off the ground so I am easily pleased and who cares about fashion in sweat pants or bib overalls.

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

Black basket weave leather for all my accessories, holster, belt, and magazine pouches. Black goes with everything. Only now do I understand chicks’ obsession with the matching of accessories.

:lol::celebrate