• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time being questioned by someone who seemed shocked at Best Buy.

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

Well This weekend the missus and I went to the Best Buy in Springfield to get her the latest season of Bones. Been there numerous times with no problems so no big deal. I go through the door and start to browse the movies. The guy at the door was,"Excuse me sir" so I go over to talk to him. He starts to ask if I am LEO and is looking nervous at the gun. I tell him no and explain about open carry in VA and the laws. I ask him if I can give him a card and he says sure so I pull my orange VCDL card out to give to him and tell him if he is interested in learning more to go to the VCDL site and this one.

What amazed me is he face went from nervous to calm as soon as he saw the card with VA laws and such quoted on it. He said thank you then I went back to my shopping. Quite handy having some type of documentation on you saying what the laws are when out and about. Now I just need to pick up a lot more of those cards at the next meeting. Between some people in my apartment complex and that I am out again.

richarcm

imported post

Uber_Olafsun wrote:
Well This weekend the missus and I went to the Best Buy in Springfield to get her the latest season of Bones. Been there numerous times with no problems so no big deal. I go through the door and start to browse the movies. The guy at the door was,"Excuse me sir" so I go over to talk to him. He starts to ask if I am LEO and is looking nervous at the gun. I tell him no and explain about open carry in VA and the laws. I ask him if I can give him a card and he says sure so I pull my orange VCDL card out to give to him and tell him if he is interested in learning more to go to the VCDL site and this one.

What amazed me is he face went from nervous to calm as soon as he saw the card with VA laws and such quoted on it. He said thank you then I went back to my shopping. Quite handy having some type of documentation on you saying what the laws are when out and about. Now I just need to pick up a lot more of those cards at the next meeting. Between some people in my apartment complex and that I am out again.
This is one of the places I open carry to the most. I've never had a problem there other than the normal downward glances. Must be a new guy?

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

Well it will be a lot easier to open carry since I can wear shorts now. Kind of hard to when you have a ton of rain and snow around and have to keep from freezing. My barber shop I go to is all foreign ladies and they have no problem there either.

richarcm

imported post

Uber_Olafsun wrote:
Well it will be a lot easier to open carry since I can wear shorts now. Kind of hard to when you have a ton of rain and snow around and have to keep from freezing. My barber shop I go to is all foreign ladies and they have no problem there either.
In Springfield? Which one?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

BEST BUY's POLICY

from Customer Contact <
CustomerContact@bestbuy.com>
to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
date Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 7:31 PM
subject Best Buy Gun policy - XXXXXXXX
mailed-by
bestbuy.com

Best
Buy strives to comply with all applicable law and statues.

Best
Buy also strives to provide a safe and comfortable shopping environment for all our customers.

Best Buy does not ban guns at our retail locations.

As a general rule, Best Buy does not post “no guns allowed” signs in our stores and we are not aware of any individual stores that might have posted such a sign.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/reply.php

Yata hey

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

richarcm wrote:
Uber_Olafsun wrote:
Well its actually the Kingstowne area. In the shopping center with the safeway and the giant with the movie theater there is a place called Image and Styles across from the Cox store. Real friendly and chatty staff.

Petsmart has been real nice as well to carry in. I guess I am not as scary with the big bad gun when I am walking a 12 pound Pomeranian.

jmb_nova

imported post

Uber_Olafsun wrote:
richarcm wrote:
Uber_Olafsun wrote:
Well its actually the Kingstowne area. In the shopping center with the safeway and the giant with the movie theater there is a place called Image and Styles across from the Cox store. Real friendly and chatty staff.

Petsmart has been real nice as well to carry in. I guess I am not as scary with the big bad gun when I am walking a 12 pound Pomeranian.

:lol::lol::lol:

My 9 month old baby girl does the same thing! Even in her pink camo...

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Well it will be a lot easier to open carry since I can wear shorts now.

Are you OC'ing in an ankle holster?
Now that would be funny but I am one of those people that hates wearing multiple layers of clothes. When I have my gun on my side with a jacket or heavier clothes just feel uncomfortable to me. Heck I usually only wear a windbreaker in winter. Since I usually stay pretty warm I go almost straight to shorts from winter to springtime. Not much of a pants no jacket type of guy.

richarcm

imported post

Uber_Olafsun wrote:
richarcm wrote:
Uber_Olafsun wrote:

I might have to stop by next time (this weekend)

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

pourshot wrote:
Uber_Olafsun wrote:

I don't know...isthe Pomeranianloaded?
The way she acts you would think she is sometimes. Think the dog from Blade Trinity without the separating jaw.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

wylde007 wrote: Off Topic
As long as it came from the factory with a pistol grip and no stock, ATF doesn't care how long the barrel is.

:D
Scratch built inline. It started life as a 2" round axle.