Thread: Open Carry Table

Post imported post

Has been reserved. Volunteers to work the table would be most welcome. I don't have a location as of yet but you can't miss the OC Banner when it's in place.

My profile has my contact info.....

Public hours for Puyallup shows:
    Saturday 8:00am-4:00pm
    Sunday 8:00am-2:00pm

$8.00 Admission unless a member.
    $35. per year (multiples can be bought)

Post imported post

we cant carry guns in right?

Post imported post

Members can carry (unloaded).

M1, I will be there both days. The more the merrier as then I can browse the show for periods of time.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

If you are a WAC member you are allowed to bring in a unloaded weapon to carry or to sell. The action will be zip-tied so that a round cannot chambered.

If you are NOT a WAC member and want to become one you will have to leave your weapon in the car, become a member, then return to your car to get the weapon for sale or that you want to carry.

WAC shows and rules can be found here:
    http://www.washingtonarmscollectors.org/shows.htm

If you are NOT a member and would like to help out at the table I can get a "Vendors" badge for you and save you the $8.00 admission.

Post imported post

I'm sure I'll be working at the show in two weeks. This show will be in the regular building.

Just like M1Gunr said, if you're not a member you don't get in with a gun. If you have an expired membership, you're not a member. If you want to get in to renew your membership, you still won't get in with a gun. If you're not a current member, leave your gun in the vehicle until you get current, then go get your gun.

This is better for you, since no one will know that you just left a gun in your car. Which is what happens when you come to renew and the security crew tells you, you cannot bring your gun in. Save yourself extra trips to the car.

Had a great show in Monroe this weekend. gogodawgs came by and said "hi" after the Starbucks coffee breakfast.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

Bill, I can be there all day Saturday, but I start back with the baseball team on Sunday.

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

I'll be there Saturday - trying to sell a WWIIhandgun. I will stop by and say hi. The wife might enjoy helping with table if she comes too
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

Batousaii wrote:
    I'll be there Saturday - trying to sell a WWIIhandgun. I will stop by and say hi. The wife might enjoy helping with table if she comes too
    more than welcome to join us.

Post imported post

Hey all fresh bait to the forum and carrying just turned 21 on the 17th and applied for my CPL this morning id like to come to the show and would probably be able to do so saturday but i do still have a load of questions and things to familiarize with if anyone would not mind helping me out i would much appreciate it.

-Collin

Post imported post

Welcome Aboard BrownC6! - It should be a good show, i like the main building better, less confusing to find friends in -lol.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

First thing is don't by a gun till I have had a chance to talk with you. The guys on the forum will have you buying one of them black, newfangled, brass spraying thingamabobs.

Post imported post

bump
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

I will be there sometime in the early afternoon and can hangout until the end of the show.

Post imported post

I'm meeting up with a old friend and heading to the show today around noon. We haven't been to the Puyallup show in a few years. I was planning on a new toy, but the fun-money was consumed Wednesday night by a plumbing emergency - a new water heater. Drat.

Post imported post

You'll find the table in row 6 just past the midway mark (across from the Glock guy). I have my wireless access so i will be posting live from the show.

Post imported post

Great to meet you today M1Gunr. Good show too - I found a couple of deals worth the drive and turnout was impressive.

This is the first gun show I've been to that I've been asked to sign a petition regarding marijuana legislation. Caught me off guard a bit on that one.

Post imported post

I showed up, walked around a bit and enjoyed it.

Nice to meet M1gunr, gogodawgs, SpyderTattoo and the famous Grey Peterson.
    It was great to put faces to the names.

Post imported post

Nice show today very busy early in the day.

Thanks to Vandal, Bat, Moose for all stopping by....I know there were others but I just can't remember any names (I don't count spydertattoo since he is working security)

Also Gray Peterson was helping with the sheriff from Oregon!

Oh and finally found the firearm I was looking for.

Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

It was good to see you guystoo. The table looked really good. That by the way gogodawgs, is one nice pistol!
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    ~

Post imported post

Having the banner double sided really helped bring in the folks....

350-400 pamphlets and FAQ's passed out. Lots of great conversations & insights from all walks of life. It was amazing to see the smile of someones face when they actually saw the light that Open Carry was legal in WA.
    We had plenty of folks that CC is the only way for them but supported us in our right to carry. A few CC folks asking why we are stirring the pot... but all in all was a great weekend.

We netted $158.85 in the donation jar & combine that with the 2 online donations for pamphlets and we paid for the table rental and just about have the latest run of pamphlets fully paid for. Future donations will be used for table reservations & supplies. I brought in 5 old holsters and had folks drop in donations if they wanted one. I only one left at the end of the show.... If you guys have anything to donate let me know. I was thinking we could probably rent 2 tables and have one for items to sell or donate.

Post imported post

At some time maybe we could have a "silent auction" or raffle for that rumor of a mysterious gun ban sign that spontaneously showed up from that anonymous person which no one seems to have any information on.

Post imported post

Wheelgunner wrote:
    First thing is don't by a gun till I have had a chance to talk with you. The guys on the forum will have you buying one of them black, newfangled, brass spraying thingamabobs.

Like a smexy ass SW MP 9MM?

Oh, gogodawgs you bought another butt gun?

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Post imported post

Poosharker wrote:
    Wheelgunner wrote:

Like a smexy ass SW MP 9MM?

Oh, gogodawgs you bought another butt gun?
    No this is not a butt gun, it is a concealed BUG, I already had a holster for it, well almost, I took it to the leather smith's at the show and had them add some stitching, so now I have a real nice CC BUG.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Ahh, that's still a butt gun in my book.

Seen any nice MP9MM at the gun shows? Imma have to ride my kawasexy down to one of those these days....got no excuse now that I got a ride.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!