Thread: MOC needs their own forum

Post imported post

GTFO with your drama.

The end.

All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Trust me dude I am tired of it too! This place is like an extension of the High School I teach at with all the crying and whining lately!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I've been considering joining MOC because i fully support the right to OC. I normally CC, only because I can't afford a lawyer when I get hassled because my 'higher education' dicked me into almost a six figure loan on a 30k wage for the rest of my life and I live in Warren, where I'd probably have to hold my lawyer's hand if I did OC, but FFS guys...

Get your **** together, and handle this crap in PM's. I don't wanna see it, and if this kind of crap is going on, I'll just stay a member of OCDO; cause quite frankly, seeing this garbage isn't helping the cause, it's hurting it.

Everyone in MOC needs to remember: Yes, this is your medium for communications. NO, this is not your forum. Take your ******** elsewhere.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

A forum does not make an organization guys. Almost any of us can have a forum up in minutes. What good is that going to do?

Post imported post

we are working on it :-) please be patient with me and nate? :-(

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:
    Why is it taking so long?

I could have done it in my lunch break today.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:

because its not just a forum alone that we are working on.

yea... i could have a forum itself online and running in about 5 seconds too...

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:

I'm just saying, take the drama somewhere else is all.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

viperar15 wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:

Sounds like this would be great for a stopgap solution.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:

We need real solutions. Not stopgap solutions.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:

And what do we do until we have the real solution?

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    viperar15 wrote:

And what do we do until we have the real solution?
    Make ridiculous polls?

Post imported post

Take a few deep breaths and let them out??
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I did the first part w/o reading ahead to the second part, and passed out, thanks!

Post imported post

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

God I can't believe the childish reactions to all this. Things take time, you don't get a perfect organization in one day or one year, it takes time. It takes even more time when everyone doing the work are doing it for free. They all have jobs and real lives that take up time.

We have come a long way in a short time and there will be growing pains. Let's not forget what HAS been accomplished in the last year. It's easy to forget what has been done and where we came from. Patience is a virtue. In the mean time perhaps we can support the organization and volunteer tohelp out wherewe can.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    I did the first part w/o reading ahead to the second part, and passed out, thanks!
    Talk about ridiculous poles.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    God I can't believe the childish reactions to all this.┬* Things take time, you don't get a perfect organization in one day or one year, it takes time.┬* It takes even more time when everyone doing the work are doing it for free.┬* They all have jobs and real lives that take up time.

We have come a long way in a short time and there will be growing pains.┬* Let's not forget what HAS been accomplished in the last year.┬* It's easy to forget what has been done and where we came from.┬* Patience is a virtue.┬* In the mean time perhaps we can support the organization and volunteer to┬*help out where┬*we can.
    +1 we have done a ton of good things! In the short time I have been involved we have gone from 1 event a month to 3 or 4...

Post imported post

The garbage going on lately is a symptom of a problem, and that is a lack of moderation.

The leadership of MOC is strong, well rounded, and doing a good job in my opinion.

But there needs to be a certain amount of control. Whether it be my suggestion of sub forums here with a few people able to move threads, or even a full blown new forum, something needs to give.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    The garbage going on lately is a symptom of a problem, and that is a lack of moderation.

The leadership of MOC is strong, well rounded, and doing a good job in my opinion.

But there needs to be a certain amount of control. Whether it be my suggestion of sub forums here with a few people able to move threads, or even a full blown new forum, something needs to give.
    Yes moderation becomes necessary once a site reaches a certain size ... unfortunatly!

I agree with the rest of you post as well...