• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC needs their own forum

malignity

imported post

I've been considering joining MOC because i fully support the right to OC. I normally CC, only because I can't afford a lawyer when I get hassled because my 'higher education' dicked me into almost a six figure loan on a 30k wage for the rest of my life and I live in Warren, where I'd probably have to hold my lawyer's hand if I did OC, but FFS guys...

Get your shit together, and handle this crap in PM's. I don't wanna see it, and if this kind of crap is going on, I'll just stay a member of OCDO; cause quite frankly, seeing this garbage isn't helping the cause, it's hurting it.

Everyone in MOC needs to remember: Yes, this is your medium for communications. NO, this is not your forum. Take your bullshit elsewhere.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

viperar15 wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
we are working on it :) please be patient with me and nate? :-(
Why is it taking so long?

I could have done it in my lunch break today.

because its not just a forum alone that we are working on.

yea... i could have a forum itself online and running in about 5 seconds too...
Sounds like this would be great for a stopgap solution.

G

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
viperar15 wrote:

We need real solutions. Not stopgap solutions.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
viperar15 wrote:

And what do we do until we have the real solution?

FatboyCykes

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
viperar15 wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
viperar15 wrote:

And what do we do until we have the real solution?
Make ridiculous polls?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

God I can't believe the childish reactions to all this. Things take time, you don't get a perfect organization in one day or one year, it takes time. It takes even more time when everyone doing the work are doing it for free. They all have jobs and real lives that take up time.

We have come a long way in a short time and there will be growing pains. Let's not forget what HAS been accomplished in the last year. It's easy to forget what has been done and where we came from. Patience is a virtue. In the mean time perhaps we can support the organization and volunteer tohelp out wherewe can.

G

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
I did the first part w/o reading ahead to the second part, and passed out, thanks! :cuss:
Talk about ridiculous poles.

autosurgeon

imported post

Venator wrote:
God I can't believe the childish reactions to all this.  Things take time, you don't get a perfect organization in one day or one year, it takes time.  It takes even more time when everyone doing the work are doing it for free.  They all have jobs and real lives that take up time.

We have come a long way in a short time and there will be growing pains.  Let's not forget what HAS been accomplished in the last year.  It's easy to forget what has been done and where we came from.  Patience is a virtue.  In the mean time perhaps we can support the organization and volunteer to help out where we can.

+1 we have done a ton of good things! In the short time I have been involved we have gone from 1 event a month to 3 or 4...

Michigander

imported post

The garbage going on lately is a symptom of a problem, and that is a lack of moderation.

The leadership of MOC is strong, well rounded, and doing a good job in my opinion.

But there needs to be a certain amount of control. Whether it be my suggestion of sub forums here with a few people able to move threads, or even a full blown new forum, something needs to give.

autosurgeon

imported post

Michigander wrote:
The garbage going on lately is a symptom of a problem, and that is a lack of moderation.

The leadership of MOC is strong, well rounded, and doing a good job in my opinion.

But there needs to be a certain amount of control. Whether it be my suggestion of sub forums here with a few people able to move threads, or even a full blown new forum, something needs to give.

Yes moderation becomes necessary once a site reaches a certain size ... unfortunatly!

I agree with the rest of you post as well...