• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - any UW students here?

kchau

imported post

I'm a Junior this year, anyone else go to UW?

Its also finals and im contemplating whether to go to the range or not to shoot holes through my lectures notes.

joeroket

imported post

kchau wrote:

Its also finals and im contemplating whether to go to the range or not to shoot holes through my lectures notes.

Hmmmm I actually find myself going back to some of my lecture notes from college. That was almost 20 years ago and 10 years ago that I wrote them.

Unless it was for a music appreciation class you took for an easy elective I say don't do it.

scubadiver45

imported post

I graduated recently but still live in the U district right near campus.
Yesterday I went for coffee at Starbucks on 41st and the Ave near my place and was surprised to see someone protesting, chanting "Hey, hey Starbucks. When ya gonna kick the gun nuts out?" and passing out propaganda.
I am a new member and haven't OC'd yet but it sure made me want to!

.45ACPaddy

imported post

LOL, what's funny is the antis are causing more of a problem and bothering people more than anyone else.

kchau

imported post

joeroket wrote:
kchau wrote:

Hmmmm I actually find myself going back to some of my lecture notes from college. That was almost 20 years ago and 10 years ago that I wrote them.

Unless it was for a music appreciation class you took for an easy elective I say don't do it.
Heh, im sure back in the day. all of my notes are now on my computer, i just print them out for when i cram for exams. they end up the the recycle immediately after, i have no room to keep them around.

kchau

imported post

scubadiver45 wrote:
Yesterday I went for coffee at Starbucks on 41st and the Ave near my place and was surprised to see someone protesting, chanting "Hey, hey Starbucks. When ya gonna kick the gun nuts out?" and passing out propaganda.
something tells me a udistrict OC meet would be amusing. maybe too amusing.

joeroket

imported post

kchau wrote:
joeroket wrote:
kchau wrote:

Heh, im sure back in the day. all of my notes are now on my computer, i just print them out for when i cram for exams. they end up the the recycle immediately after, i have no room to keep them around.
LOL I had some on PC as well but I have always kept a hard copy of the ones I did. I guess I am dating myself though as I still prefer to hand write notes. I guess if I had them in digital I might go poke holes in them.

kito109654

imported post

scubadiver45 wrote:
How come I never run into these people when I buy coffee?! Some people have all the luck. ;)

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

kchau wrote:
scubadiver45 wrote:
I'd be game! I CC there all the time.. I'd be willing to OC though.

amzbrady

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
kchau wrote:
scubadiver45 wrote:
I'd be game! I CC there all the time.. I'd be willing to OC though.
1 open carrier walking in about every 10 minutes would probably make their day, esp if no one bats and eye and says a word about the protester. I just would hope in this case the old saying "the squeeky wheel get the grease".