• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bonehead arrested for public drunkenness while UOCing in San Bruno

coolusername2007

imported post

Mike wrote:
Always bad for folks to drink while open carrying - publicity nightmare - but this guy was actually intoxicated which is acrime in itself even in a bar.
Damage control, let's put this into perspective: ONE UOC'er exercised his RKBA, but regrettably (and allegedly) had too much to drink. While as unfortunate as this is, how many people across this statehad too much to drink last night and got behind the wheel of a car.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Actually, I think that we might be missing the picture as some have suggested. . . The man was drunk while carrying and didn't get into a fight and get the street to run red with blood!

But more to the true point, he was carrying and he was allegedly intoxicated. It should be a non-issue that he was armed.

Pace

imported post

I think one should point out that he was no more an idiot than drunk drivers. He was an idiot first, and the gun was quite auxiliary although dangerous.

If we are going to worry so much about idiotic open carries, don't we have a significant issue? We want the general public to have the right to OC, but doesn't that include the idiots?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Pace wrote:
I think one should point out that he was no more an idiot than drunk drivers. He was an idiot first, and the gun was quite auxiliary although dangerous.

If we are going to worry so much about idiotic open carries, don't we have a significant issue? We want the general public to have the right to OC, but doesn't that include the idiots?
Exactly. This is what gun-grabbers try to use against us: "if we allow it for the average citizen, we also have to allow the average idiot to do it... it's only a matter of time before catastrophe strikes."

Kinda like how politicians and the news media are destroying our country via the 1st Amendment...

PincheOgro1

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
To: Christian George Gonzalez

Damn you, sir. Damn you for being irresponsible and mucking things up further. Carrying a firearm is a huge responsibility: loaded, unloaded, concealed, unconcealed--it matters not.

When the shots come down the bar, the guns go in the car.

Take Care.
When the shots come down the bar, the guns go in the car. <-- I like it !!!