Thread: My experience with oc'ing

Post imported post

I live in Sunset and went to the Wasatch Shooters Range yesterday (14 March 2010) and was told I had to cover up or take it off. The only guns allowed were the one that were covered up or on the table.
    1. Their rule says no Open Carry at the range except by Police and Sheriff officers.
    2. The Range is owned by the state ran by the sheriffs office I voiced my opinion and let it go and had a great time.
    State property is open to open carry except where there are officers present I'm guessing. Have not had any problems any where else.
    This would be something to look at. And I will.I will contact the Range Officer and ask what's up.

Gpaw says keep oc'ing share it with a friend we need the support. Another topic is about this wolf killing in Alaska. I am sorry the woman died that way but I do not believe we should destroy them.

Post imported post

I do not like those range rules, and I try to avoid them.

OCed with my young sons at Chuck-A-Rama on 12300 south in Draper. Walked past the Manager and plenty of kids. No comments, no questions, no worries, but I did notice that when I approached a food display people stayed back or moved out the way, or at least that's what I thought. One lady gave me one of those looks:Xas I put my coat on,I smiled and took my boys home.

Most people do not notice and the other half don't even care IMO.
    Utah Certified Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor
    NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

Lover of Freedom

Post imported post

No OCing is just one of the stupid rules at the Wahsatch Shooters Association range. No matter what you are doing there you are breaking a rule. They pretty much make them up as they go along. Within a month or so the Liberty range on the other side of Ogden canyon will be open. It is unmanned so you can pretty much do your own thing, and it's $10 / year instead of $45 at Wahsatch.

Post imported post

Braveheart23C wrote:
    .. the Liberty range on the other side of Ogden canyon will be open. It is unmanned so you can pretty much do your own thing, and it's $10 / year instead of $45 at Wahsatch.
    I'm still looking for a decent range nearby (I live in Davis County). Where can I find more information about this Liberty range?

Post imported post

Ive been told Lee Kay is the same way in regards to Open Carry. I personally havent been there since Hunters Ed. I have open carried to dougs and on the range with no issues.

Post imported post

Braveheart23C

Where is this range you are talking about in Ogden? Sounds kind of interesting to practice a few defensive techniques that you cannot do at the Wasatch range.

Gpaw

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I have been up to Wasatch a handful of times and have never seen any sign about no OC, nor have I been asked to conceal. I will have to pay more attention next time I go up for a sign that says it. I will gladly take a picture next to it OC!

I think if that is there rule, it is ridiculous. We are all there to shoot! I am always open carrying while shooting - should there be another way??:?
    The only reason I could see someone concealing while shooting is if they are practicing drawing from concealment. Any comments or disagreements on that?
    "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson