Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Corral changes policy to allow open carry!

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama

Post imported post

I submitted a problemI had with Golden Corral last week.

Can you guess the problem? Their Open Carry Policies.

I had found a letter a Golden Corral representative sent an Open Carrier regarding their policies. They said, "no weapons were permitted."

I submitted a comment to Golden Corral saying I no longer felt safe in their restaurants.

Today I recieved a call from Scott Scaberg, a representative of Golden Corral.

He informed me that Golden Corral has changed their policies and they follow state lawswhich honor Open Carry in their restaurants.

Can you guess what I did?

I OCed to Golden Corral tonight. I didn't have a problem at all! It was a very enjoyable dinner and I feltbetter knowing Golden Corral didn't have a problem with me.

edit: Two Hoover Police Officers came in and didn't say a word.

Scott is supposed to be sending me a copy of his response. I'll post it once I get it!

-Tim

Banned

Post imported post

People are reading the tea leaves.

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    People are reading the tea leaves.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

Banned

Post imported post

The handwriting is on the wall. These companies are realizing the The 2A is making a comeback, and they want to be on the right side of the issue.

Post imported post

True. I think these larger companies, in the long run, will end up backing the 2ND Amendment. Some 75% of Americans back it and if large companies turn their backs, they could possibly go out of business. (or at least take a massive hit financially from loss of customers)

Post imported post

California Pizza Kitchen and Peet's Coffee & Tea must be doing great in this economy if they can afford to turn away an entire (and sizable) class of American consumers. Isn't their duty to their shareholders to maximize profits? Kind of hard to do that when you have the potential to offend a third of your customer base. Kudos to Golden Corral.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

"Live Free or Die"

Post imported post

Yeah I know. I don't even ask that companies change their policies. If they would support local and state laws, a policy change would not be required.

Post imported post

Our Golden Corral is on the Prescott-Yavapai reservation, so either way, OC is a no-no (per Tribal Police, they 'can't and don't' enforce against CC).

Post imported post

Wow I never realized Golden Coral was anti. I've OCd at mine quite a few times with no issues.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post imported post

I had never OCed there before. I was disappointed when I found the letter stating Golden Corrals original policy.

I'm glad I submitted the letter to them. They rep, Scott, knew about OpenCarry.org

I guess they saw all the people upset about the original letter and changed their policies.

I wasn't going to eat there anymore and told my friends and family not to as well, but now, with a new policy,EAT UP OCers!!

Post imported post

I OCd in the Golden Corral in Rapid City, SD with no problems. Had a lively discussion with some other customers and one of the waitresses about my gun, and why an old lady wants to carry a big .45. But it was all very friendly and the guys especially were tickled to see us carry. My gentleman friend and I carry all the time when we are out.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote: [/b]I submitted a problemI had with Golden Corral last week. Can you guess the problem? Their Open Carry Policies.I had found a letter a Golden Corral representative sent an Open Carrier regarding their policies. They said, "no weapons were permitted."I submitted a comment to Golden Corral saying I no longer felt safe in their restaurants.Today I recieved a call from Scott Scaberg, a representative of Golden Corral....[/quote]

Was this a corporate representative? If he was corporate, do they insist that their franchisees follow the same policy?

Post imported post

I would like to know the same. My local Golden Corral still has a huge "No Firearms Allowed" sticker on their door. =(

Dallas, NC

Post imported post

Good, now there is one less Company who is not infringing on the Rights of its Customers!

Post imported post

t33j wrote:
    Wow I never realized Golden Coral was anti. I've OCd at mine quite a few times with no issues.
    Same here about Golden Corral. In fact, unless there is a sign at the entrance to an establishment stating otherwise, I OC everywhere!

Post imported post

Never had any problems at our local Golden Corrals (Tidewater area of VA). We've even held some Open Carry Dining Outs at local Golden Corrals.

Post imported post

We have had some OC meetings at GC in Jacksonville, NC.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

darthmord wrote:
    Never had any problems at our local Golden Corrals (Tidewater area of VA). We've even held some Open Carry Dining Outs at local Golden Corrals.
    No problems in the greater Richmond area either.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    The handwriting is on the wall. These companies are realizing the The 2A is making a comeback, and they want to be on the right side of the issue.
    "These companies" have no idea what the 2nd amendment is all about, much like 99.999% of their customers.

Glad to hear Golden Corral has (finally) decided to obey the law nonetheless.
    What "law" would that be? I think you've got that backwards, Mark. These businesses are private property. Just as you can decide who will enter your front door, so can they. If they decid that they don't want armed customers, there is no "law" to force the business to admit them.

It is always a very bad idea to initiate force. Instead, we must demonstrate that those who enter armed are no threat to either the business or their paying customers - that we ARE paying customers. When they see that, only then do we become valued customers.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

aadvark wrote:
    Good, now there is one less Company who is not infringing on the Rights of its Customers!

I'm obviously all for OC, but also believe it is important to be correct when making a point. We do not have a "RIGHT" to do anything on private property. The Constitution exists on the street, not inside a restaurant. We have no more "right" to carry a weapon inside a restaurant than we do to wear a t-shirt supporting a political party. While we're on their property and other than unlawful discrimination, the rights of the property owner take precedence over our own.

Post imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
    True. I think these larger companies, in the long run, will end up backing the 2ND Amendment. Some 75% of Americans back it and if large companies turn their backs, they could possibly go out of business. (or at least take a massive hit financially from loss of customers)
    Hechingers was a huge hardware outfit... like Home Depot and Lowes. They also were heavy (and vocal) contributors to the Brady's and anti-2A politicians. Hechinger filed for Chapter 11 in 1999. Reorganization failed and the outfit was liquidated. Now... their anti- 2A stance may have not been a prime factor, butI know many back in MD (including me) who boycotted Hechinger for that reason. People who are do-it-yourselfers are generally not liberal yuppie, metro-centric types. Note to retailers... don't politically alienate your customer base.

Remember the Dixie Chicks?

Post imported post

"That law" would be the supreme law of Alabama, the state constitution.

If someone can violate your right to be armed, can they also violate your right to life, too? After all, it IS private property !!!

Just how are you to enter armed if they don't want you there, armed? You can't have it both ways, pick one.

If anyone truly believes our rights are checked at the door, well, hope you upgrade one day.
    You just have it backwards. The "law" most certainly does not force private property owners to admit you - armed or otherwise.

You have no "right" to enter private property at all. You are perfectly free to go somewhere else if you believe your life would be in danger there.

Tell me, do the local bums and gang members have a "right" to come into YOUR HOME armed? Or do YOU decide who comes in?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

"That law" would be the supreme law of Alabama, the state constitution.

If someone can violate your right to be armed, can they also violate your right to life, too? After all, it IS private property !!!

Just how are you to enter armed if they don't want you there, armed? You can't have it both ways, pick one.

If anyone truly believes our rights are checked at the door, well, hope you upgrade one day.
    Bind man's bluff.

Do you pick one right while ignoring the others?

Your new group is going to have some interesting philosophies.

Golden Corral has spoken for themselves.

Yata hey

Edit for spelling/correct verbiage
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

BB62 wrote:

Was this a corporate representative? If he was corporate, do they insist that their franchisees follow the same policy?
    [/quote]

Yes!

Post imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    "These companies" have no idea what the 2nd amendment is all about, much like 99.999% of their customers.

Glad to hear Golden Corral has (finally) decided to obey the law nonetheless.
    What "law" would that be? I think you've got that backwards, Mark. These businesses are private property. Just as you can decide who will enter your front door, so can they. If they decid that they don't want armed customers, there is no "law" to force the business to admit them.

It is always a very bad idea to initiate force. Instead, we must demonstrate that those who enter armed are no threat to either the business or their paying customers - that we ARE paying customers. When they see that, only then do we become valued customers.
    Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that they have finally "decided to follow the law..."

TFred

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast