• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Island Lake Militia Field Day Family/Open Carry Picnic

LFB

imported post

When: April 10th 9:00AM til Sundown

Where: Island Lake State Recreation Area Dodge Pavillion

What: SMVM Annual Family Field day. All food will be available for small donation. Kid's games. Kid's rifle competitions. Pistol competitions. Prizes for all competitions. Get together with like minded families and support your rights.

We will have TAX FORMS for you to fill out with LEAD! Come on down and have a glass of TEA with us.

LFB

imported post

I know its been a while since I've posted on here. I've beeen busy, real busy. But, if you remember the Wyandotte Picnic last year, we are planning another one in Island Lake Rec Area. This one should be 2-3 times bigger. I hope you guys can come on out and have some fun.

All adult competitions will include the $7 range fee plus a small donation to cover costs for the picnic. With the payment of any competition, you may use the range for the rest of the day. We have 5 benches reserved at the 25 yd range. You can also us the 50 and 100 yd ranges.

The Dodge pavilion is the largest one they have, plenty of parking next to the lake. There is 4,000 acres of wilderness to roam around on.

LFB

imported post

Absolutely!

www.michiganmilitia.com

We did a combined event back in October at Wyandotte's Bishop Park. Ask any one who was there, we are a very good bunch of people. Not a bunch of crackpots running through the woods.

Anyone is welcome to our events and training, regardless of race religion or creed, as long as you can legally own a firearm.

LFB

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
So just to clarify, crackpot running through the woods would be frowned upon.....?

I don't think I can make it.....

Only at this event during the day. We have the campgrounds reserved Friday Night and Saturday night. that's when we can get all crazy and run through the woods. Heheheheh

FatboyCykes

imported post

a_goodjobson.gif

quarter horseman

imported post

Depending on what happens this weekend with health care, if our govenrment wants to ignore the people and do a masive takeover and power grab I will have to come see what ya'll are about.

mikestilly

imported post

Interesting they promote a range that doesnt allow open carry. Seems quite backwards to me.. Gun rights group promote's a range where a right to carry firearms is banned. Not something I'd be interested in supporting. You guys might want to rethink that strategy.

wolverine1856

imported post

No OC!Then why is thisevent even posted on this site?

This is a state park hence the reason for the needed vehicle sticker. The range is managed by a private party, but the rangeresides on public land.

LFB you may want toeducate the range management and then reportback to the members here.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

wolverine1856 wrote:

This is a state park hence the reason for the needed vehicle sticker. The range is managed by a private party, but the rangeresides on public land.

LFB you may want toeducate the range management and then reportback to the members here.
I believe OC is allowed every where else, except the range.

wolverine1856

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
wolverine1856 wrote:

I believe OC is allowed every where else, except the range.

But you can't OC at the range according to the flier. Why would an OC'er support an event that has selective areas of OC? Either they support or right to carry or they don't.

The above is aside from the possibility that they cannot restrict OC at the range.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I don't disagree, but find a range, next to a park where you can OC and pass the info on. Otherwise, I doubt you'll get much result out of the Island Lake crew. They've already gone through hell just trying to keep the range open and operating, thanks to the near by sheeple who tried to shut them down on grounds of too much noise.

LFB

imported post

You guys are right. The range has decided to NOT allow OPEN CARRY. Why would nayone here ever go to an event in order to try and persuade anyone that OC'ing is a RIGHT. Let's let someone else fight the fight and then we can all go to the places they have convinced that OC is our right.

Oh wait... A lot of us do go to area with discriminatory actions against OC.

I am not as well versed in the OC rights as some on here are. I have plans to go talk to the management on April 3rd. In part to set up our range time for the events, and in part to talk to him about his OC policy. Hmmmm.

We have nothing but very goo rapport with the state DNR agent over the last 5months that we have been meeting there. One step at a time.

If you don't feel comfortable going to the range, don't. I personally am going to, and continue to ask questions as to why they keep the policies they do.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

LFB wrote:
You guys are right. The range has decided to NOT allow OPEN CARRY. Why would nayone here ever go to an event in order to try and persuade anyone that OC'ing is a RIGHT. Let's let someone else fight the fight and then we can all go to the places they have convinced that OC is our right.

Oh wait... A lot of us do go to area with discriminatory actions against OC.

I am not as well versed in the OC rights as some on here are. I have plans to go talk to the management on April 3rd. In part to set up our range time for the events, and in part to talk to him about his OC policy. Hmmmm.

We have nothing but very goo rapport with the state DNR agent over the last 5months that we have been meeting there. One step at a time.

If you don't feel comfortable going to the range, don't. I personally am going to, and continue to ask questions as to why they keep the policies they do.
It's just a guess, but I would suspect they're trying to keep from giving their "neighbors" any excuses to shut them down. But that's only a guess. :)