• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ot - cops and soldiers inside starbucks today

Tony Santiago

imported post

So earlier today I was grocery shopping, and as I went to leave, I passed the starbucks next to the safeway, and I noticed that inside, there were a handful of police officers and people in military uniform all sitting down together at the same table, with chairs all lines up, similar to how you would sit at a banquet. The doors were locked too and the sign said they were not currently open to the public.

TF?

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Tony Santiago wrote:
So earlier today I was grocery shopping, and as I went to leave, I passed the starbucks next to the safeway, and I noticed that inside, there were a handful of police officers and people in military uniform all sitting down together at the same table, with chairs all lines up, similar to how you would sit at a banquet. The doors were locked too and the sign said they were not currently open to the public.

TF?

Some evil plot, where the military and the police will work together to overthrow the government and seize all our guns!!!

Or maybe they were just having coffee, and arranged to rent the entire store for their use? :lol:

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
They were probably just having a meeting to prepare for martial law. No biggie.
FEMA camps! FEMA camps! FEMA camps! Oh Noze!!!

Aaron1124

imported post

Which city was it in? Were the military folks in the Army? Or were you able to tell?

Were you able to tell which police department the officers were from?

Metalhead47

imported post

Dave_pro2a wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:

TF?

Some evil plot, where the military and the police will work together to overthrow the government and seize all our guns!!!

Or maybe they were just having coffee, and arranged to rent the entire store for their use? :lol:

Uh, the military & police are the government. I'm much more concerned about the goon bureaucrats currently in there seizing my guns than the military. I think they're overwhelmingly on our side in such matters. Unlike the politicos, they actually meant that lil' oath they took.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Dave_pro2a wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:

TF?

Uh, the military & police are the government. I'm much more concerned about the goon bureaucrats currently in there seizing my guns than the military. I think they're overwhelmingly on our side in such matters. Unlike the politicos, they actually meant that lil' oath they took.

Wrong! WE are the government they are our servants.

Dave_pro2a

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
Dave_pro2a wrote:
Tony Santiago wrote:

TF?

Never heard of a good old fashion military coupe? Happens every 5 to 10 years in Thailand ;)

(dude, it was a joke btw)

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aren't we afraid that they will get all hyped up on caffenine and start shooting?

I hope that there were no kids inside, that would be dangerous.

All those macho guys trying to compensate for something I hope there was no accidental discharge.

:uhoh::celebrate:):what::lol:

Dave_pro2a

imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
:banghead: THIS THREAD USELESS WITHOUT LOCATION !!! :banghead:

And there'd be a really good chance it'd be usless with the location too ;)

But if it was near a military base, could have just been MPs and local LEO trying to stratagize on how to keep Privates out of jail on Fri/Sat nights :D

jbone

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
It was probably some appreciation thing.
At a coffee shop? Iv'e been to a many appreciation things, never a locked down coffee shop. So tax payers paid for the sole rental time of these folks at a Starbucks for these folks tohave a?

Sounds more like a messege in the form of a partnership from a anti manager andlcoal LE community.

Aaron1124

imported post

jbone wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
It was probably some appreciation thing.
At a coffee shop? Iv'e been to a many appreciation things, never a locked down coffee shop. So tax payers paid for the sole rental time of these folks at a Starbucks for these folks tohave a?

Sounds more like a messege in the form of a partnership from a anti manager andlcoal LE community.
Huh??

amzbrady

imported post

Just saw a reply to the starbucks open carry by the Brady campaigners. Thought it was funny how askewed their thinking is. This guy thinks we started the whole mess, and I can comment because they revoked my comment privlidges when I posted my thoughts on Open Carry being legal. They discriminate, "Bastards".

Joan A. Peterson
The Open Carry folks started this battle by choosing Starbucks as one of the places they would go with their guns in holsters. If they hadn't decided to make their point so boldly, we would not have had to get into this fray. Tell them to stop. We are only responding by pointing out that Starbucks could put up signs if they chose to stop those folks from intimidating peaceful people at Starbucks enjoying a latte with their friends and families.
Yesterday at 1:36pm

Read all comments at

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/bradycampaign?ref=nf

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Just saw a reply to the starbucks open carry by the Brady campaigners. Thought it was funny how askewed their thinking is. This guy thinks we started the whole mess, and I can comment because they revoked my comment privlidges when I posted my thoughts on Open Carry being legal. They discriminate, "Bastards".

Joan A. Peterson
The Open Carry folks started this battle by choosing Starbucks as one of the places they would go with their guns in holsters. If they hadn't decided to make their point so boldly, we would not have had to get into this fray. Tell them to stop. We are only responding by pointing out that Starbucks could put up signs if they chose to stop those folks from intimidating peaceful people at Starbucks enjoying a latte with their friends and families.

Read all comments at

I almost threw up when I visited that "fan page". Wow. Some of the people on there are complete morons

wrightme

imported post

amzbrady wrote:

Joan A. Peterson

Read all comments at

Interesting.

The bits I have seen in the news, the Brady's are the only ones doing any "intimidating" of peaceful people who want to quietly have a beverage at Starbucks.....