• Good Idea

2 50.00%
  • Bad Idea

2 50.00%

Thread: Poll

Post imported post

Poll

Post imported post

You guys really need to stop breaking the rules and setting up extra user names.... Mike and John may be busy..... but they will catch on at some point.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

INHO I think the OP was just making fun of all of the poles.

Now to ask somthing serious. I'm not an IT guy by any means. So here is the question, when this site goes down for a day or two, why is that? How does this happen? Is it because of too many people on the site at once and it crashes?

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

Likely it has been hacked or the server it is located on has problems.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Farva wrote:
    Poll
    Rhymes with troll
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Likely it has been hacked or the server it is located on has problems.
    Thank you. So my hopfull thoughts of us getting overly massive intrest/support isn't likely? At least not the reason for the down time?

Whatever, I love you guys, and MOC inc, and OCDO for that matter. I read everyday, but the last month or two (or three) it has been getting harder and harder to keep up. I am all for the sub-forums idea!

God Bless
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
    INHO I think the OP was just making fun of all of the poles.

Now to ask somthing serious. I'm not an IT guy by any means. So here is the question, when this site goes down for a day or two, why is that? How does this happen? Is it because of too many people on the site at once and it crashes?

God Bless
    well... it can be several reasons.

the last time OCDO went down, there was a corrupted table (lovely that the system admins didn't turn off errors... haha!)

another could be hardware failure of the server the site is running on.

another could be max connections exceeded to the server (can happen on high volume sites)

another max connections from the server to the database server (seen this many times over on therangerstation)

could be a system failure for some reason or another (especially if its microsoft windows... lol... yes... i'm biased in that statement)

but i wouldn't go to say its only due to hacking. i see more system related outages more then i do hacking.