• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Insurance Question

NicF

imported post

I would say none of your dam business. If he don't like it go to another doc. I have never been asked that question by a doctor

malignity

imported post

My insurance has asked me this question at least 3 times. I've left the question blank every time, and will continue to do so until they deny me coverage. If they plan on doing that, guess who is going directly to every major news channel? Oh wait, that'd be me.

As far as my doctor asking me? I personally work with my doctor, so if he asked, I'd have no problem telling him.

If I went to another doctor? Don't ask, don't tell policy. Wanna ask? Too bad.

My CPL gives me the right to conceal that information from you. Hah.

wally1120

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
just write f*ck you
WOW a little hostile there.

The Question you were asked T was a invasion of privacy, And I wouldn`t answer that. If they asked why the question was unanswered I would still be hesitant to come out and say that there are multiple Guns in the house. But I think that Doctors Office should reconsider, And take that question off of the form. Somethings are left better not known, And this is one of them.

sevenplusone

imported post

I'd just ask him how it's medically relevant and considering his answer will be "I'm not sure, it's just something they ask..." I'd say, "ok, let's get back to the medical stuff."

PDinDetroit

imported post

sevenplusone wrote:
I'd just ask him how it's medically relevant and considering his answer will be "I'm not sure, it's just something they ask..." I'd say, "ok, let's get back to the medical stuff."
+1.

Seeing how I CC when in the doctor's office and have had to take it off for X-Rays, I think they know by now.

wally1120

imported post

I would say N/A, If he asks why I sayed N/A I would ask why that is important. If he tries pushing the issue, I would tell him I will go else where for health care.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Considering that the government is pushing to become the one and only health care provider in the entire country one must wonder....... and the push to have all health records data under one governmental agency....

Why would there be a question about gun ownership coming from the health care industry?

Hint: It has nothing to do with the present private "insurance" company wanting to know.

If anyone thinks there is a valid health reason connected to having the information about how many folks own guns..... please think again.

quarter horseman

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
Considering that the government is pushing to become the one and only health care provider in the entire country one must wonder....... and the push to have all health records data under one governmental agency....

Why would there be a question about gun ownership coming from the health care industry?

Hint: It has nothing to do with the present private "insurance" company wanting to know.

If anyone thinks there is a valid health reason connected to having the information about how many folks own guns..... please think again.
Great point!