• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Insurance Question

SpringerXDacp

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I find it very funny how all of you are so afraid to fill out the census completely when you put the same info on your tax returns every year!

Take the freakin tinfoil off already!

...and RI-060's, 4473's, etc.

autosurgeon

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
I find it very funny how all of you are so afraid to fill out the census completely when you put the same info on your tax returns every year!

Take the freakin tinfoil off already!

...and RI-060's, 4473's, etc.

Bank accounts.... Credit cards.. all of which can be audited by the federal Govt.

Yep it is very silly period!

Jblack44

imported post

So why do the Census at all anymore????? They have all the info on everyone already.

I filled mine out. Followed the Constitution to a tee. # people residing... 3 race...human. Sealed and back in the mail this morning!! :celebrate

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
So why do the Census at all anymore????? They have all the info on everyone already.

I filled mine out. Followed the Constitution to a tee. # people residing... 3 race...human. Sealed and back in the mail this morning!! :celebrate
It's required by the US Constitution.

For anyone who's not filled out your Census form, Rush Limbaugh suggested on race, check "Other" and write in the line, "American." That's what I'm gonna do. :)

Jblack44

imported post

BGA you got me there :p

I guess my point was, they have all of our information already..The Census should just enumerate , nothing more. That's why mine was answered the way it was....3

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Jblack44 wrote:

I guess my point was, they have all of our information already..The Census should just enumerate , nothing more. That's why mine was answered the way it was....3
Yeah, but you forget, the ruling party wants to count the illegals too. :)

PDinDetroit

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
Jblack44 wrote:

According to them, some of us are illegal whether we are born in the US or not. :shock:

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
Jblack44 wrote:

According to them, some of us are illegal whether we are born in the US or not. :shock:
According to them, all the illegals should be made legal. They want an instant influx of people who would most likely vote them in as majority all the time.

CoonDog

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:

I may be totally off my rocker, but I have to disagree with this point. The US Constitution requires the fed.gov to perform a census. It doesn't say anything about mandating the people to participate nor does it allow for penalties against those individuals to refuse.

Furthermore, let's not forget that it's the states who are party to the US Const. If anyone could be commanded by the fed.gov to participate in the census, it would be the states, under the argument that they have already agreed to perform under contract. Under this scenario, would it be better for the states to count there own people and report to the fed.gov? I'm not sure I'm convinced of this, but it's food for thought.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CoonDog wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:

I may be totally off my rocker, but I have to disagree with this point. The US Constitution requires the fed.gov to perform a census. It doesn't say anything about mandating the people to participate nor does it allow for penalties against those individuals to refuse.

Furthermore, let's not forget that it's the states who are party to the US Const. If anyone could be commanded by the fed.gov to participate in the census, it would be the states, under the argument that they have already agreed to perform under contract. Under this scenario, would it be better for the states to count there own people and report to the fed.gov? I'm not sure I'm convinced of this, but it's food for thought.
You are off your rocker. ;) The question asked, was, "So why do the census at all anymore?????"

The correct answer is, because the US Constitution requires it.

CoonDog

imported post

Just to be clear, my point is that the US Const exists to define the nature of the fed.gov's responsibilities and boundaries. It doesn't exists to define the responsibilities of citizenship. Therefore, the census is mandated for the fed.gov, not for the people.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CoonDog wrote:
Just to be clear, my point is that the US Const exists to define the nature of the fed.gov's responsibilities and boundaries. It doesn't exists to define the responsibilities of citizenship. Therefore, the census is mandated for the fed.gov, not for the people.
Ok, so? The question I answered, was why do the census. It wasn't why do we have to do the census, or why participate in the census, it was simply, "So why do the census at all anymore?"

The answer to that question is STILL, because it says to do the census in the US Constitution.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

VietVet68 wrote:
Well, you have to know that nothing good can come from a "YES" answer.
jack
Depends on what I'm answering "yes" to. If the waitress at a restaurant asks if I want free extra onion rings, I'm gonna say yes. :)