• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

France24.com - News video interviews on open carry movement includes "newsman" Dav

wewd

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
I love how the NRA continues to distance themselves from open carry. Makes me want to drop my membership.

One of the reasons why I won't sign up. That and their support for "common sense" gun control laws or compromises thereof. I think they do it because they want to be "mainstream" and appeal to "hunters and sportsmen" who think that nobody needs to own an AR-15, as well as making themselves look good in the media because they can compromise with the likes of the Brady Campaign and VPC. It hasn't won them any good favors with the Brady bunch, so why do they do it? The anti-gunners are very good at waging emotion-based propaganda wars which the NRA is completely incompetent at fighting. The woman in the clip is blaming the NRA for open carry, when the NRA has absolutely nothing to do with it, and they still won't take a position or even defend themselves. Milquetoast is a good word.

GOA and JPFO are stated pro-open carry national groups. Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation doesn't like open carry, at least not as a political statement, so take that for what it's worth. He is probably like the majority of Calguns Forum members who think that as long as nobody sees their guns, the politicians won't try to take them away. The rest of us understand what the open carry movement is trying to accomplish, which is the re-normalization of firearms in the hands of law-abiding citizens in this country.

wrightme

imported post

wewd wrote:
Sons of Liberty wrote:
I love how the NRA continues to distance themselves from open carry. Makes me want to drop my membership.

One of the reasons why I won't sign up. That and their support for "common sense" gun control laws or compromises thereof. I think they do it because they want to be "mainstream" and appeal to "hunters and sportsmen" who think that nobody needs to own an AR-15, as well as making themselves look good in the media because they can compromise with the likes of the Brady Campaign and VPC. It hasn't won them any good favors with the Brady bunch, so why do they do it? The anti-gunners are very good at waging emotion-based propaganda wars which the NRA is completely incompetent at fighting. The woman in the clip is blaming the NRA for open carry, when the NRA has absolutely nothing to do with it, and they still won't take a position or even defend themselves. Milquetoast is a good word.

GOA and JPFO are stated pro-open carry national groups. Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation doesn't like open carry, at least not as a political statement, so take that for what it's worth. He is probably like the majority of Calguns Forum members who think that as long as nobody sees their guns, the politicians won't try to take them away. The rest of us understand what the open carry movement is trying to accomplish, which is the re-normalization of firearms in the hands of law-abiding citizens in this country.
See the link above.....

And, what would you have the NRA 'defend' themselves against in the clip? Seriously, why would they feel some need to even respond to the france24 item?