• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is It OC When They Don't Know it's a Gun?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Neo wrote:
Hidden in PLAIN SITE is still hidden. People have been charged with concealing a NAA gun because it is "hidden" from common observation right in the belt buckle. You and I might know it is a gun.. but the "reasonable man" sees it as a big ass "weird looking" belt buckle.

Dreamer

imported post

The "North Carolina Attorney General Firearms Law Handbook" specifically addresses the issue of small guns carried in a belt buckle. Under the NC AG's interpretation of the law, such a gun would be considered "concealed" even if it was out in "plain sight". Here, "concealed" means it is 1) in plain sight and 2) is easily discernible as a real firearm...

I can't speak for other states though, but I believe VA, WV, and PA have similar interpretations...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

In Virginia a CHP would be required due to its deceptive nature even if OCd.

Yata hey

Riana

imported post

So, basically, as long as you can tell it's a gun and not something else, it's OK to OC?

How about an NAA Mini-Revolver with a holster grip: http://www.naaminis.com/magnum.html?? Clipped on the outside of the pocket, it's OC?

Edit: Never mind... found another thread that discusses these little fellas. I have a friend coming up from Florida for the 2A March, and he wanted to know if his NAA with a holster grip would be kosher to OC in a restaurant. I'm thinking the answer is no...

1245A Defender

imported post

003.jpg

hows this? its carried where a belt buckle would normally be,,
but it doesnt look like anything, but a gun!!

Neo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Is that thing for real? Is it an operational firearm? It's definitely unmistakable.

1245A Defender

imported post

Neo wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
Is that thing for real? Is it an operational firearm? It's definitely unmistakable.
ive recently pollished it up so there are shiny parts, and trimmed up the aluminum "holder"
its a tanfoglio GT-380, i had it since 1977, works just fine!
you could just glance past it, as decoration, but upon actualy looking its obviously a gun!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Neo wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
ive recently pollished it up so there are shiny parts, and trimmed up the aluminum "holder"
its a tanfoglio GT-380, i had it since 1977, works just fine!
you could just glance past it, as decoration, but upon actualy looking its obviously a gun!
Does it hold up your pants too? :)

Yata hey