• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Info wanted

*1911_man*

imported post

I said ban, because i cant think of another word for it at the moment, i understand that if it passes, there will still be a CWP, it just wont be necessary for you to be able to legally conceal carry? i've been reading about it and im curious as to if it'll apply to ALL of Arizona, or just certain areas? Im from Show Low and Im 19 years old, if it passes will i be able to carry concealed without a permit?

Im sure this has been discussed somewhere, but i cant find it anywhere.

It would be awesome if it passed, id like it much better than having everyone look at me like WTF hes got a gun!. As funny as it sometimes is.

mzbk2l

imported post

Hi, 1911_man. Those bills are generally referred to as "Constitutional Carry," (as in, the constitution guarantees your right to carry, and the government should not be infringing by requiring a permit).

You're right - there are a couple of other threads going on here; just search for constitutional carry.

I think the answers to most of your questions are in this thread:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/39724.html

Basically, the bills will eliminate the requirement to get a permit before you carry concealed. You're still allowed to ask the government for a piece of paper allowing you to put on your jacket when it cools off, you just don't HAVE to ask them.

Should you want a permit for reciprocity with another state, or to bypass the NCIS background check when you purchase a firearm, you're still welcome to acquire one.

Since you still have a year or two to wait before you can get a permit, the constitutional carry bills, if passed into law, would allow you to legally conceal your firearm now.

TOF

imported post

Arizona Law applies to all of Arizona except Indian reservations. Reservations have their own set of laws which may or may not be comparable to State Law.

Ltp0wer

imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
Hi, 1911_man.  Those bills are generally referred to as "Constitutional Carry," (as in, the constitution guarantees your right to carry, and the government should not be infringing by requiring a permit).

You're right - there are a couple of other threads going on here; just search for constitutional carry.

I think the answers to most of your questions are in this thread:
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum10/39724.html

Basically, the bills will eliminate the requirement to get a permit before you carry concealed.  You're still allowed to ask the government for a piece of paper allowing you to put on your jacket when it cools off, you just don't HAVE to ask them.

Should you want a permit for reciprocity with another state, or to bypass the NCIS background check when you purchase a firearm, you're still welcome to acquire one.

Since you still have a year or two to wait before you can get a permit, the constitutional carry bills, if passed into law, would allow you to legally conceal your firearm now.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I'm not sure what bill you are talking about, but if we are talking about HB2347, then you're wrong.

If you look at the bill, you can see that this will be added to the ARS:
13-3114. Unlawful possession or carrying of firearm; exceptions; classification
A. A PERSON WHO IS UNDER TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE SHALL NOT KNOWINGLY CARRY A FIREARM CONCEALED ON HIS PERSON OR WITHIN HIS IMMEDIATE CONTROL IN OR ON A MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION.
Breaking this is a petty offense.
http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/hb2347p.htm

As far as I can see it, if you're not 21, you still can't carry concealed. Disappointing, I know (I'm only 18), but at least we'd be able to concealed carry on our parents or grandparents business premises.

mzbk2l

imported post

Ltp0wer wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I'm not sure what bill you are talking about, but if we are talking about HB2347, then you're wrong.

If you look at the bill, you can see that this will be added to the ARS:
13-3114. Unlawful possession or carrying of firearm; exceptions; classification
A. A PERSON WHO IS UNDER TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE SHALL NOT KNOWINGLY CARRY A FIREARM CONCEALED ON HIS PERSON OR WITHIN HIS IMMEDIATE CONTROL IN OR ON A MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION.
Breaking this is a petty offense.
http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/49leg/2r/bills/hb2347p.htm

As far as I can see it, if you're not 21, you still can't carry concealed. Disappointing, I know (I'm only 18), but at least we'd be able to concealed carry on our parents or grandparents business premises.
Thanks for the correction, Ltp0wer. I had not noticed that section of the bill. Nice catch!