• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Corporate Policies

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
"Look at your deed to your home, you are NOT the owner! You are listed as the Tenant! "
[line]
Only the holder of a "Land Patent" owns his property.

Furthermore, the holder of a land patent pays no property taxes whatsoever.
I have been researching this and have come to the same conclusions.. Private property rights are largely fictitious in regards to firearm carry.
Got another one for you to research...

Residents of the State of Michigan are required to have a CPL in order to carry concealed.

Can you find me a law that states that Citizens of the State of Michigan are required to?

Or even that a Citizen of the State of Michigan has to obtain a permit to purchase.

Oh it will really start to get interesting when you look for the law that specifies that Citizens of the State of Michigan have to obtain driver's licenses or register their vehicles.

I am not a resident of the State of Michigan. I am a Citizen of the State of Michigan.

If there is no difference, then why are the two clearly identified as seperate entities in this statute?

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(kn...leg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-32-509

32.509 State military establishment; composition; organized and unorganized militia.
Sec. 109.
The organized militia of this state taken collectively shall be known as the state military establishment and constitutes the armed forces of this state. The organized militia consists of the army national guard, the air national guard, and the defense force when actually in existence as provided in this act. The unorganized militia consists of all other able-bodied citizens of this state and all other able-bodied citizens who are residents of this state who have or shall have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who shall be age 17 or over and not more than age 60, and shall be subject to state military duty as provided in this act.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

Could this part "and all other able-bodied citizens who are residents of this state who have or shall have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who shall be age 17 or over and not more than age 60, and shall be subject to state military duty as provided in this act." mean all those citizen-residents that are not presently within the borders of the state of Michigan?springerdave.

G

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Could this part "and all other able-bodied citizens who are residents of this state who have or shall have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, who shall be age 17 or over and not more than age 60, and shall be subject to state military duty as provided in this act." mean all those citizen-residents that are not presently within the borders of the state of Michigan?springerdave.
My point is that the two are specifically identified separately.

There are citizens of the state and residents of the state.

Which are you? Before you answer do some research. You may be quite surprised.

I offer the cite as a beginning point for research into the other areas that I indicated in my previous post.

Bailenforcer

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
"Look at your deed to your home, you are NOT the owner! You are listed as the Tenant! "
[line]

I am glad to see there is one person on this site who get's it.

But I suspected by many of your posts you did understand what's going on.

Now if the rest take the time to learn how to become FREE men, we have won a victory for rights all around which includes Carry rights.

Frankly we have the right to carry concealed without any permit. Most have no idea about this. Statute laws are NOT constitutional, which means all UCC and their Statute laws are ONLY for commerce which crosses State lines, which is Interstate commerce. Unless you are a corporation you have rights that Supersede all Federal and State Statutes.

G

imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
[line]

I am glad to see there is one person on this site who get's it.

But I suspected by many of your posts you did understand what's going on.

Now if the rest take the time to learn how to become FREE men, we have won a victory for rights all around which includes Carry rights.

Frankly we have the right to carry concealed without any permit. Most have no idea about this. Statute laws are NOT constitutional, which means all UCC and their Statute laws are ONLY for commerce which crosses State lines, which is Interstate commerce. Unless you are a corporation you have rights that Supersede all Federal and State Statutes.
Absolutely correct.

Nowhere in any statute in the State of Michigan am I bound to comply as a Citizen of the State of Michigan.

Residents on the other hand are specifically identified.

I am not a resident. I am a Citizen of the State of Michigan.

Bailenforcer

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Bailenforcer wrote:
[line]

I have been researching this and have come to the same conclusions.. Private property rights are largely fictitious in regards to firearm carry.
I find it interesting that some Pseudo experts claim that a Public Corporation has the right to limit my rights. In fact and Law it does not. Notice I didn't say "opinions" of a Judge. A Judges opinion is just that in law, an "opinion".

We need as a FREE people to take back our freedoms, before we can't, and trust me it's getting to to can't.

I wonder how many in here buy foreign made crap.

I don't, and haven't for years. Yes it forces me to buy used items all too often these days, but it's better to have something used and preserve my freedoms and dignity. Every time people buy foreign goods they force Americans out of work.

WE THE PEOPLE means a lot to me. Does it to the others here on this site?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
So, did anyone ever ask the staff at Meijer's?  I just wonder cause I OC the South side Lansing Meijer store all the time.  I've never even been questioned.  Gawked at, yes, but that's about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNyP1frIJ3E

i spoke to someone at meijer corporate who may have only been a secretary. they said it was up to the individual stores. i have gotten 2 different stories at 2 different stores in the st clair county area. needless to say i have not spent one penny in a meijer since my incident.

insignia240

imported post

Do you have the template you are using to send to these corporations?

I am specifically looking at e-mailing Subway, Qdoba, and Huntington Bank. The 3 places in town that I do not have policies for and frequent the most. Thank you.

G

imported post

insignia240 wrote:

I am specifically looking at e-mailing Subway, Qdoba, and Huntington Bank. The 3 places in town that I do not have policies for and frequent the most. Thank you.
Just do it and then deal with it.

Asking their "policy" is akin to asking their permission beforehand.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

insignia240 wrote:

If they're not posted, don't ask. But don't walk into a bank OCing if you don't have a CPL, if you do, then you are violating state law.

I've gone into several Subway stores, OCing, and no one batted an eye lid my way.

insignia240

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
insignia240 wrote:

If they're not posted, don't ask. But don't walk into a bank OCing if you don't have a CPL, if you do, then you are violating state law.

I've gone into several Subway stores, OCing, and no one batted an eye lid my way.
Check, I have a CPL.

What exactly are the laws for CC/OC in a liquor store if I am stopping in to buy chew? They don't generate sales from open bottle sales, correct...?? So OC/CC with my CPL would be perfectly legal?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

insignia240 wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
insignia240 wrote:

Check, I have a CPL.

What exactly are the laws for CC/OC in a liquor store if I am stopping in to buy chew? They don't generate sales from open bottle sales, correct...?? So OC/CC with my CPL would be perfectly legal?
I'm sure CV67Pat is going to throw a hissy fit if I don't cite the law, but since it's already been posted all over the place in this sub forum, I will simply say that according to Michigan law, CC or OC is legal in a liquor store IF you have a CPL. If you go go this thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/36728.html You can find the MOC carry reference chart, which tells what is or is not legal, with and without a CPL.

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
insignia240 wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
insignia240 wrote:

Check, I have a CPL.

I'm sure CV67Pat is going to throw a hissy fit if I don't cite the law, but since it's already been posted all over the place in this sub forum, I will simply say that according to Michigan law, CC or OC is legal in a liquor store IF you have a CPL. If you go go this thread: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/36728.html You can find the MOC carry reference chart, which tells what is or is not legal, with and without a CPL.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]7) If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.[/font]

G

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
However Pat something that is generally known to be true does not need to be Cited.
If the person asking the question knew the answer, why would he ask a very specific question for information about the law?

Isn't incumbent upon a person replying to provide an answer that specifically addresses the question being asked?

The poster did not ask a "general" question. He was explicit about the information he was seeking.

To give a new poster any less of a courtesy than to assist him with the cites, as necessitated by the forum rules, and to answer he very specific question does a great disservice to them. It leaves a lot to be determined by their own assumptions.

insignia240 wrote:
Check, I have a CPL.

Not too ambiguous in his question.

So why should he expect any less in the response he receives?

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
However Pat something that is generally known to be true does not need to be Cited.
If the person asking the question knew the answer, why would he ask a very specific question for information about the law?

Isn't incumbent upon a person replying to provide an answer that specifically addresses the question being asked?

The poster did not ask a "general" question. He was explicit about the information he was seeking.

To give a new poster any less of a courtesy than to assist him with the cites, as necessitated by the forum rules, and to answer he very specific question does a great disservice to them. It leaves a lot to be determined by their own assumptions.

insignia240 wrote:
Check, I have a CPL.

How about, because if he'd searched for it in the forum, he could have found his answer without even asking? Oh, sorry, that's too simple an answer, isn't it. Gee, my bad. :)

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

insignia240 wrote:
Check, I have a CPL.

How about, because if he'd searched for it in the forum, he could have found his answer without even asking? Oh, sorry, that's too simple an answer, isn't it. Gee, my bad. :)
So now to cover up for your shortcomings, you're going to blame the new guy for being lazy.

Way to go BGA.

That's the one thing about you...

You'll never get caught without an excuse.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

insignia240 wrote:
Check, I have a CPL.

So now to cover up for your shortcomings, you're going to blame the new guy for being lazy.

Way to go BGA.

Well, in replying to the first PM you sent me today, Takes one to know one. :)

G

imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:

insignia240 wrote:
Check, I have a CPL.

Way to go BGA.

Well, in replying to the first PM you sent me today, Takes one to know one. :)