• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Corporate Policies

G

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
However Pat something that is generally known to be true does not need to be Cited.
If the person asking the question knew the answer, why would he ask a very specific question for information about the law?

Isn't incumbent upon a person replying to provide an answer that specifically addresses the question being asked?

The poster did not ask a "general" question. He was explicit about the information he was seeking.

To give a new poster any less of a courtesy than to assist him with the cites, as necessitated by the forum rules, and to answer he very specific question does a great disservice to them. It leaves a lot to be determined by their own assumptions.

insignia240 wrote:
Check, I have a CPL.

What exactly are the laws for CC/OC in a liquor store if I am stopping in to buy chew? They don't generate sales from open bottle sales, correct...?? So OC/CC with my CPL would be perfectly legal?
Not too ambiguous in his question.

So why should he expect any less in the response he receives?
How about, because if he'd searched for it in the forum, he could have found his answer without even asking? Oh, sorry, that's too simple an answer, isn't it. Gee, my bad. :)
So now to cover up for your shortcomings, you're going to blame the new guy for being lazy.

Way to go BGA.

That's the one thing about you...

You'll never get caught without an excuse.
Well, in replying to the first PM you sent me today, Takes one to know one. :)
LOL

lil_freak_66

imported post

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxxx:
Thank you for your complimentary response concerning your recent
visit to our Lansing White Castle.
Please be advised that our policy regarding firearms is that we follow
all State and Federal guidelines/laws and we would expect our customers
to do the same.
We hope that you will continue to be a loyal White Castle Craver.
Thank you,

White Castle Management

Bailenforcer

imported post

clip_image002.jpg

April 29, 2010

clip_image004.jpg

Thank you for giving Lowe's the opportunity to respond to your concerns regarding our policy on firearms in our stores.
Lowe's currently does,]and will continue to abide by federal, state, and local laws regarding firearms, and we do not prohibit customers from carrying firearms into our stores.

Our first and foremost is the safety of our customers, however; we take all comments and concerns from our customers seriously. We are considerate of all customers, and will remain neutral regarding the right to carry firearms.

If Lowe's can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to call 1-866-900-4650 or email execustservice@lowes.com. You may also contact us by mailing your correspondence to P.O. Box 1111, Mail Code CON8, North Wilkesboro, North Carolina 28659.

Thank you,

Kim
Lowe's Executive Support

see attached PDF of letter....

hopnpop

imported post

After making about 6 calls and talking to 10 different people, the 2nd to last last being a VP of something or other who referred me to the investigator/case manager who sent this email...

Quote:
Hello,

Its Emerald, your case manager, and this is the Sears cooperate policy regarding fire arms. Please call or email me to confirm you have gotten this information. Your case number is xxxxxxx.

Subject: RE: Request for fire arm/weapon policy

Here is the response from Sears Senior Counsel:

Our corporate policy regarding customers who openly carry firearms on our store premises is that as long as the law of the state in which our store is located legally permits the open carrying of firearms (i.e. carrying a firearm on one's person in plain sight), customers will be permitted to openly carry firearms within our stores.

Emerald Sloan
Blue Ribbon Service Case Manager
Sears Holdings Corporation
Toll Free: 1-888-266-4043 extension 75
Email: BlueRibbonService2@searshc.com

Bailenforcer

imported post

hopnpop wrote:
After making about 6 calls and talking to 10 different people, the 2nd to last last being a VP of something or other who referred me to the investigator/case manager who sent this email...

Quote:
Hello,

Its Emerald, your case manager, and this is the Sears cooperate policy regarding fire arms. Please call or email me to confirm you have gotten this information. Your case number is xxxxxxx.

Our corporate policy regarding customers who openly carry firearms on our store premises is that as long as the law of the state in which our store is located legally permits the open carrying of firearms (i.e. carrying a firearm on one's person in plain sight), customers will be permitted to openly carry firearms within our stores.

Emerald Sloan
Great job!

there are sites where we can convert the letters to PDF's for free like I did with the lowes letter. I think this might be a way to print the letter in whole so everyone can use it or carry it with them. I have the Lowes letter in my brief case just in case I run afoul of some uneducated moron manager wanna be. It also helps when said moron calls the cops, and the real manager isn't there. It shuts down any resistance to my carry, from Police or wanna be moron managers.

yes they do run you around and it's due to ignorance of laws. But your persistence paid off. Again great job and Thank You

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bailenforcer wrote:
hopnpop wrote:

Quote:
Hello,

Emerald Sloan
Great job!

there are sites where we can convert the letters to PDF's for free like I did with the lowes letter. I think this might be a way to print the letter in whole so everyone can use it or carry it with them. I have the Lowes letter in my brief case just in case I run afoul of some uneducated moron manager wanna be. It also helps when said moron calls the cops, and the real manager isn't there. It shuts down any resistance to my carry, from Police or wanna be moron managers.

yes they do run you around and it's due to ignorance of laws. But your persistence paid off. Again great job and Thank You
Try this software I have used it to print entire threads, works great & is free. Once you have it in PDF you just select the text you want, drop it in a word doc. or other text editor such as open office (free also) and you are all set.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/creator/

http://download.openoffice.org/

army74

imported post

Costco changed there firearm policy to no firearms allowed only police officers can carry. I was approached by security after he ran around the isle i was in about 3x it was kind of funny to see him run around for a man with a gun call. I was in line for prescriptions for my wife he told me i had to leave so iwas going to then he said are you just picking up prescriptions i said yes he says ok ill let get what youre here for then you have to leave i told him ive been there a dozen times even 3 days ago walked around store and no problems he said its posted its not. The store manager i called told me it changed in march 2010 and costco law dept said do not post this or any other no firearms signs. The manager said he doesnt have a problem with it.

eastmeyers

imported post

army74 wrote:
Costco changed there firearm policy to no firearms allowed only police officers can carry. I was approached by security after he ran around the isle i was in about 3x it was kind of funny to see him run around for a man with a gun call. I was in line for prescriptions for my wife he told me i had to leave so iwas going to then he said are you just picking up prescriptions i said yes he says ok ill let get what youre here for then you have to leave i told him ive been there a dozen times even 3 days ago walked around store and no problems he said its posted its not. The store manager i called told me it changed in march 2010 and costco law dept said do not post this or any other no firearms signs. The manager said he doesnt have a problem with it.

Weird I've OCed at the Madison Heights Costco a couple of times, always to pick up the Rx.

all4gonzo

imported post

just oc in the one here in Mi. other then asking if we were getting them fixed we had no problem

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Corporate Policies

Toys-R-US

Dear Mr. Ross:

Thank you for contacting Toys R Us regarding the recent tragedy in our store. Naturally, we want our guest's to be safe and feel confident while they are shopping. We adhere to the state law of whatever state a particular store is located in since the governing laws regarding gun control vary across the country. At this time I have not been notified that this will change though I can not guarantee that it won't in the future. I invite you to submit your concerns to our corporate head office for further attention.

Toys R Us
Attn: Gerald Storch (CEO)
1 Geoffrey Way
Wayne, NJ 07470

If you have any further questions or concerns please email us or contact our customer service line at 1-800-869-7787.

Sincerely,

Beverly McCann
Toys R Us Corporate Guest Relations Team

Seems TRU change to no guns. Form a post on OCDO today.

General Company Policy on Firearms

• At Toys“R”Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority.

• As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously.

• While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

• We make our customers aware of this policy by posting signs at the front of each of our Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores nationwide.

• It is also our policy not to sell any toy gun that could be mistaken for a real gun. Toys“R”Us was the first retailer in the U.S. to adopt this policy, which was established in 1994.

I hope this answers your questions for you and you continue to shop with Toys "R" Us. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Rich Latner
Corporate Guest Relations

Bailenforcer

23 emails are going out soon as I post this all 23 emails to friends with Children who shop Toys are Us. All of them are pro second amendment too.

Thanks

Seems TRU change to no guns. Form a post on OCDO today.

General Company Policy on Firearms

• At Toys“R”Us, Inc., the safety and security of our customers and our employees is, and always has been, our highest priority.

• As a retailer that welcomes millions of kids and families into our stores across the country each year, we take our responsibility to create only the safest shopping environment very seriously.

• While we respect citizens’ rights to carry firearms in public areas according to certain state laws, our company policy prohibits customers from doing so in any of our stores out of an abundance of caution for the safety and protection of the children and families shopping with us.

• We make our customers aware of this policy by posting signs at the front of each of our Toys“R”Us and Babies“R”Us stores nationwide.

• It is also our policy not to sell any toy gun that could be mistaken for a real gun. Toys“R”Us was the first retailer in the U.S. to adopt this policy, which was established in 1994.

I hope this answers your questions for you and you continue to shop with Toys "R" Us. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Rich Latner
Corporate Guest Relations