• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO interaction in Eastpointe

dsmith4825

imported post

Scot623, not sure where you live in Eastpointe, but I know I walk around all the time and I have a school one block away in each direction of me. I have never had an issue so far. Thank God! And I carry a full size 1911 on my hip. My neighbors respect my right to carry and know me and a couple have actually thanked me for being visible. I have walked down 9 mile to the 7/eleven a couple of times in recent days even. So, I guess I had better keep my eyes open for possible issues.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
you did great imo.

LEO's were rather pushy at first with the questions,but were pretty much nice and seemed decent to me.
That is a tactic they use. They want to see what kind of person they are dealing with. They also want you to react in some way so have a reason to arrest or cite you. Once you react in a sane manner they tend to back down. Just always keep your cool.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

You talked too much, but I know the first one is scary. It was a good Fishing expedition though. My advice is that the points they made have been proved wrong and if you want to talk, challenge their comments. But that's me.

You could have been MORE DECENT?? WTF?

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Venator wrote:
You talked too much, but I know the first one is scary. It was a good Fishing expedition though. My advice is that the points they made have been proved wrong and if you want to talk, challenge their comments. But that's me.

You could have been MORE DECENT?? WTF?
AKA: lay down, and be a good little sheep, and do what the authoritarian says.

Evil Creamsicle

imported post

You could always answer questions with off-topic, inappropriate, awkward comments too.

"Are you a felon?"

"I have a huge b***r right now."

...no just kidding, but really its absurd how ignorant some officers are.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Evil Creamsicle wrote:
You could always answer questions with off-topic, inappropriate, awkward comments too.

"Are you a felon?"

"I have a huge b***r right now."

...no just kidding, but really its absurd how ignorant some officers are.
roflmbo

I can hear the audio recording in my head right now. My effing' ribs hurt, wth, this site isn't supposed to be funny, it's serious business!

ETA: lololololololloolloloooloolloool!!!!

G

imported post

"Next time you could be a little more decent."

Just how indecent were you?:what:

Is OC now considered "indecent exposure"?:what:

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

You were not breaking the law!, it required nothing but a roll by, you could have said nothing, in my opinion you should have said nothing. Good job keeping calm.

scot623

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
You were not breaking the law!, it required nothing but a roll by, you could have said nothing, in my opinion you should have said nothing. Good job keeping calm.

I truly believe feeling the pulse of the LEO's before shutting down can go a long way to fostering a better relationship between open carriers and law enforcement. There is nothing wrong with a little voluntary chat. If at any time the OCer feels it is going beyond that, by all means...shut up.(I know i wasn't breaking the law, that's why I was confident enough to engage in a chat with the LEO's)

PDinDetroit

imported post

scot623 wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

I truly believe feeling the pulse of the LEO's before shutting down can go a long way to fostering a better relationship between open carriers and law enforcement. There is nothing wrong with a little voluntary chat. If at any time the OCer feels it is going beyond that, by all means...shut up.(I know i wasn't breaking the law, that's why I was confident enough to engage in a chat with the LEO's)
If anyone thinks they can talk to the police since they know they have not broken the law, I think they need to review the following video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865&hl=en#

autosurgeon

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
scot623 wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

If anyone thinks they can talk to the police since they know they have not broken the law, I think they need to review the following video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865&hl=en#

Ya beat me to it! :celebrate

scot623

imported post

Would you say that still applies when the officer says on tape that the OCer was stopped because of a legally carried firearm therefore making the detainment illegal? And anything found during the illegal detainment would be thrown out as fruit of the poisenous tree?

7th District

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

scot623 wrote:
Would you say that still applies when the officer says on tape that the OCer was stopped because of a legally carried firearm therefore making the detainment illegal? And anything found during the illegal detainment would be thrown out as fruit of the poisenous tree?
To be thrown out implies that you had to go to court. Exercising your 4th & 5th Amend. rights, leaves the ball solely in the Cops court. Forcing him to make a command decision, and that decision may jeopardize his career, so the burden of proof he needs to make the arrest or cite the violation, better be there or else.

I am not criticizing just saying....Silence is Bliss