• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsinite has some questions?

tpos

imported post

Hey everyone, A group of my buddies and I are coming down to Las Vegas for a 4 day defensive handgun course at Front Sight, and I was wondering what some of you guys down there thought about the training they offer? Also, we were debating on what to do about bringing ammo. The course requires 600 rds but the airlines only allow you to bring 11lbs. of ammunition and we really don't feel like paying the $25-$35 a box at Front Sight. What is the ammo situation in the Las Vegas area? Also what is the average price for a box of 50rds of 9mm and .45? Any help with these questions would be great Thank You.

Vegassteve

imported post

Call the guys at New Frontier Armory here in vegas. They most times have bulk ammo and the best prices. I dont have the number handy but you can google them.

doninvegas

imported post

Just a dumb question????? I was wondering why you would spend a bunch of money on a Gun class and not be able to carry a fire arm... I notice Wisconsin is one of the few states that do not issue CCW...are you all cops?????

just wondering....

45 ammo can be bought here for about $22.00 a box if you check around...
Bulk about $185.00 for 500 factory new..

Lephi

imported post

True, Wisconsin does not allow CCW but OC is ok and picking up a lot of steam there.

Which is most likely why he posts on this site :)

doninvegas

imported post

Well why dident i think of that?????

I guess I just dont think of OC as being very practical all the time....I cant think of one time I have OC'ed and have not ran into some problems...whether it is being ask to leave a place or going some place and find a sign on the door that says i cant come in....or a cop just checking to see if my gun is stolen...

But I wish them the best of luck.......and they will love it here in Las vegas...

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

doninvegas wrote:
I guess I just dont think of OC as being very practical all the time....I cant think of one time I have OC'ed and have not ran into some problems...whether it is being ask to leave a place or going some place and find a sign on the door that says i cant come in....or a cop just checking to see if my gun is stolen...

I very rarely run into any problems at all. I've been asked to leave by a half dozen places and have run into a few officers who were totally ignorant of the law but I've been carrying for over 2 years and have been hundreds of places and passed by officers dozens of times without issues.

I figure if a business doesn't want guns in their store they don't want my business anyway and I'd rather go somewhere where my money is more appreciated.

doninvegas

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
doninvegas wrote:

I very rarely run into any problems at all. I've been asked to leave by a half dozen places and have run into a few officers who were totally ignorant of the law but I've been carrying for over 2 years and have been hundreds of places and passed by officers dozens of times without issues.

I figure if a business doesn't want guns in their store they don't want my business anyway and I'd rather go somewhere where my money is more appreciated.
I dident say i dident OC....I to have been carrying a fire arm for many years...I just said i dident think it was piratical...try to get into and see a Barbra Streisand or Galligar act down town ...or drop off a package at the post office....My suit jacket is custom fitted so it really looks messy hiked up over my 1911....I never think of it when i am CC...i never take it off unless i go into the cop shop or court...
I guess i am just getting to old.....
I dont see anything wrong with OC ....

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Possessing a weapon on postal property, concealed or otherwise, has a penalty of up to $50 or imprisonment of not more than 30 days, or both, according to 39 CFR 232.1 http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/cfr_2003/julqtr/39cfr232.1.htm

As for dropping off packages at places where guns aren't banned, like UPS and FedEX, I've never had any problems and have done so many times.

CC is great for when they won't let you watch Barbra Streisand or go to work while carrying openly, but for most regular stuff around town I've not run into much trouble carrying openly.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

tpos wrote:
Hey everyone, A group of my buddies and I are coming down to Las Vegas for a 4 day defensive handgun course at Front Sight, and I was wondering what some of you guys down there thought about the training they offer? Also, we were debating on what to do about bringing ammo. The course requires 600 rds but the airlines only allow you to bring 11lbs. of ammunition and we really don't feel like paying the $25-$35 a box at Front Sight. What is the ammo situation in the Las Vegas area? Also what is the average price for a box of 50rds of 9mm and .45? Any help with these questions would be great Thank You.
Ill be there on the 19th, when are you going?:

tpos

imported post

Orphan wrote:
tpos wrote:
Ill be there on the 19th, when are you going?:
We are going to be down there on June 2 and it starts June 4th.