• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Young, female and bearing arms?

AbNo

imported post

andiewrites wrote:
I’d really like to talk to smart, aspirational and eloquent young women in their 20s who can tell me about how what a difference gun carrying makes to their lives – in terms of self-protection, empowerment and feeling secure.
I will make sure this gets to someone I know that fits this description. :)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm not the sexy, good-looking, young woman who carries. I'm an overweight, middle-aged woman. I carry, usually openly, but sometimes concealed. (Being an adult means knowing that there is a time and a place for everything.)

Criminals prey on the weak and unprotected. An openly carried pistol on my side tells them I am neither. What better message could I send to my children, my family, and to all who see me?

I carry in the strong hope I'll never need to use it. Likewise, I'm CPR trained, and hope I never need to use that training. Preparation is half the battle.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

There is only one compelling reason to carry a sidearm... no matter the age or gender. Self defense. The ultimate force disparity tool fr those who will not be victims.For those who will 'fight back'. As the ads of the day went: "God created men, but Sam Colt made them equal." As true now as it was in the 1870's.

andiewrites

imported post

Thank you so much, you've been so supportive! I loved hearing all your views and hopefully I'm going to find some women who sum up the movement perfectly.

I'm going to pull all this info together, go to my editor and hopefully will have some news for you soon.

Andreina :D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

andiewrites wrote:
Thank you so much, you've been so supportive! I loved hearing all your views and hopefully I'm going to find some women who sum up the movement perfectly.

I'm going to pull all this info together, go to my editor and hopefully will have some news for you soon.

Andreina :D
I've already found that woman and know that I am truly blessed. :)

Trust that you were able to do some one-on-one interviews and will look forward to your article. Further, hope that you stay in touch here and share your insights.

Yata hey

andiewrites

imported post

AbNo wrote:
I will make sure this gets to someone I know that fits this description. :)
That would be great AbNo - let me know if she'd like to speak to me!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
KansasMustang wrote:
And,,no offense ladies, I still say there's nothing sexier than a woman with a weapon, that knows how to use it and proudly stands to defend herself!!!:what:
Bloody amen to that...
Double Plus with Extra Winsauce.

Harper1227

imported post

Hi guys,

I spoke with Andreina yesterday. She is very sweet and seems sincerely interested in portraying OC in a favorable light. She asked for some pics of me carrying and said she will call back on Saturday for further discussion. I'll keep you updated on what i know, but looks like this may be a good opportunity for OC awareness.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
Hi guys,

I spoke with Andreina yesterday. She is very sweet and seems sincerely interested in portraying OC in a favorable light. She asked for some pics of me carrying and said she will call back on Saturday for further discussion. I'll keep you updated on what i know, but looks like this may be a good opportunity for OC awareness.
Suggest including pictures with your children present too.

It is about the children, right? :)

Yata hey

Harper1227

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
Hi guys,

Yata hey
i have a good one from the Freedom rally with the kids and one from the multi state where i was big and prego. does anyone remember the name of the woman or her husband that was there from PA.They had a little boy. I think they may have even been involved in planning it. She might be a good canidate to talk to Andreina as well.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Harper1227 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
Hi guys,

Yata hey
i have a good one from the Freedom rally with the kids and one from the multi state where i was big and prego. does anyone remember the name of the woman or her husband that was there from PA.They had a little boy. I think they may have even been involved in planning it. She might be a good canidate to talk to Andreina as well.

Presume that you refer to the Sept. 2008 Leesburg meet-up at Red, Hot & Blue.

There is a user/poster on OCDO that might be the right contact - they were there.

lprgcFrank
129.jpg

Yata hey

P.S. - Her "Heller Kitty" avatar won't show here, even though it is good on the preview. Hit the "quote" button & you will see what I mean.

XD40coyote

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Harper1227 wrote:
Hi guys,

Yata hey

Presume that you refer to the Sept. 2008 Leesburg meet-up at Red, Hot & Blue.

There is a user/poster on OCDO that might be the right contact - they were there.

lprgcFrank
129.jpg

Yata hey

P.S. - Her "Heller Kitty" avatar won't show here, even though it is good on the preview. Hit the "quote" button & you will see what I mean.
If it was the guy who planned the meet, that would be pro2A. I know he has a g-friend and a kid. So maybe it was them.

Meplat

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
"All men are created equal..."

God created men. Colonel Colt made them equal.
Author unknown[/i]

The CalGuns list that has already been linked has a ladies forum and many active women.

Harper1227

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Harper1227 wrote: ....
If it was the guy who planned the meet, that would be pro2A. I know he has a g-friend and a kid. So maybe it was them.

Thanks guys. That sounds about right. I will send a PM see if they are interested.

:celebrate