• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SLC - Area recommendations and CCW.

irish

imported post

I'm headed to Salt Lake this morning and will be there until Friday. Going tocarry on luggage so no weapon this time. However, I'd like to know if anybody has any recommendations for getting a Utah CCW for a NV resident? Location, price, length of class and prerequisites would be helpful.

Also, any restaurant or fun things to do in the area would be appreciated as well. Thanks for your help!

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

For the Utah permit, contact Clark Aposhian of Fair Warning. Full contact info at: http://fairwarning.biz/contact.html

Fun things to do in SLC this time of year:

Visit Temple Square;
Visit the Cathedral of the Madeleine;
Hit the ski slopes;
Visit the Spiral Jetty in the Great Salt Lake;
Spend an afternoon at "This is the Place Heritage Park" (Utah Pioneer version of Colonial Williamsburg).

Good food:
Red Rock Brewery;
Cucina Toscana;
Tuscany;
Tiburon;

irish

imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
irish wrote:
Getting my concealed class done tomorrow with these guys
Sounds like a shameless plug!

I took my class with them, good bunch of guys.
Nah, just throwing it out there since it's dirt cheap so that other people can take advantage of the savings. Why pay $250 for your class at Fair Warning when you can pay $25 with these guys? It's a no brainer in my eyes.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Pistol Pete Utah wrote:
:what:$250.00:what:

Are you kidding me? I charge $50.
Note that the $250 price is what is charged when Utah classes are taught out of State in places like California. It includes what FairWarning incurs in the way of travel costs.

Classes taught locally are much less expensive.