Thread: FL Ocoee Police Investigate Double Shooting, Victim Won't Face Charges

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.wesh.com/print/22850526/detail.html

OCOEE, Fla. -- [/b]Investigators with the Ocoee Police Department and the Orange County Sheriff's Office are looking into a shooting that happened early Tuesday morning at a home along Pomegranate Circle in Ocoee.Police investigators said that around midnight the homeowner pulled into his driveway and two men armed with at least one gun were waiting for him. Ocoee police said the men were there to rob the homeowner.

"When he was coming around the back of his vehicle he was pistol-whipped," Sgt. Mike Bryant said.After taking a hit to his head in the driveway, the homeowner pulled out a gun and fired at the men who attacked him."When he came out of his car he had his gun ready and he was able to defend himself. He does have a concealed weapons permit," Bryant said.According to the report, he fired three shots at the two men and they fired back. One man was hit and died on the way to the hospital. The other man took off running.The victim's wife ran out and found her husband wounded. She called 911 and paramedics rushed him to Orlando Regional Medical Center. He's expected to be OK."It looks as if he was attacked and he defended himself and in this particular case it looks like the good guy won," Bryant said.The victim's wife and daughter did not cooperate when investigators arrived at the scene initially. Investigators had to get a search warrant to enter the home.The victim owns an auto body shop in the Mercy Drive, Old Winter Garden area. He won't face any charges.The shootout on woke neighbors throughout the neighborhood."I was sleeping and a little disoriented and my 12-year-old daughter came in to our room. She said she heard shots fired," neighbor John Hamaric said.Hamaric lives across the street from where the shootout happened. He talked to WESH 2 about how the shooting scared his daughter."She stayed in our room after that. She was absolutely frightened," he said.

Post imported post

Buy this man a beer or a soda if he is not a drinker.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    http://www.wesh.com/print/22850526/detail.html

..... The victim's wife and daughter did not cooperate when investigators arrived at the scene initially. Investigators had to get a search warrant to enter the home.
    Why the he11 did they need to search their home? The attack took place in their driveway. I am not approving of someone searching my house, especially when I was the one attacked!!!

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Wonder what CBT the judge was told to issue the warrant.

ETA: CBT = cock and bull tale

Post imported post

I'd love to find that out as well.

PS. Did you have to link to the "print" page?

Post imported post

The victim's wife and daughter did not cooperate when investigators arrived at the scene initially. Investigators had to get a search warrant to enter the home.
    Yay for the wimmin!

Um, particularly where and what was to be searched for and seized? The report doesn't say, for example,the attackers fled into the home and discarded their weapons in the kitchen.

Post imported post

It is rather ridiculous they would even try to look in there home. Let alone getting a search warrant to search. Hm...wonder what they said to get it signed off on.

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

Are search warrants public records in Florida? They often seem to report details about them here in Virginia.

TFred

Post imported post

Fishing expedition, they were hoping to find illegal drugs as a motive for the robbery. The wife and daughter exercising their legal right to not say anything was all the excuse they needed to get a warrant.

I wouldn't want them searching my house either and I have nothing illegal that I am aware of...does taking a tag off a mattress count? It is my mattress and it isn't for sale but who knows.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA